Peterson & Associates, P.C.

Our Blog

St Charles, MO – Two Injured in Collision on MO-94 near Weldon Spring Rd

Published
Categorized as Auto Accidents, Personal Injury

St Charles, MO (December 2, 2022) – A traffic accident was reported in St. Charles County on Thursday evening that sent what two people to area hospitals with injuries. At around 4:05 p.m. on December 1, the Missouri State Highway Patrol responded to a crash that occurred on Missouri State Route 94.

Table of Contents

According to law enforcement, the driver of a 2007 Toyota Yaris failed to yield the right-of-way to a 2021 Subaru Crosstrek while traveling on the lessons item Missouri State Route 94 at the intersection of Weldon Spring Road. As a result, the two vehicles collided. Both vehicles were extensively damaged and had to be towed from the scene.

62 people involved in the accident were injured. The victims were identified as 30-year-old Kendall Villalpando and 49-year-old Heather Rodecap. Both women were transported to progress less hospital, where they underwent emergency care.

The Missouri State Highway Patrol is investigating the crash.

We hope Kendall Villalpando and Heather Rodecap recover quickly following this accident.

Car Accidents in Missouri

St Charles, MO – Two Injured in Collision on MO-94 near Weldon Spring RdWhen innocent people are hurt as a result of motor vehicle accidents, they are often able to pursue legal action against the person who is responsible. Filing a personal injury case can help you in the aftermath of your accident. Should you be hurt as a result of the driver who was drunk, distracted, or engaging in another negligent action, you may be able to recover financial compensation for your medical costs and various other damages that you face.

Missouri is a pure comparative negligence state when it comes to car accidents. This means that each person involved in an accident is assigned a percentage of fault. For example, if one driver is found to be 80% at fault and the other driver is 20% at fault, the 80% at-fault driver will be liable for 80% of the damages. Being held personally liable for an accident can drastically reduce the amount of compensation that you are able to recover.

If you have been hurt as a result of a car accident in Missouri, it is important to know how comparative negligence works. If you can prove that the other driver was more at-fault than you were, you may be able to recover financial compensation for the damages that you face. An experienced car accident lawyer can help you determine who was at fault and what your next steps should be.

If you or somebody you know has been in a car accident, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our St. Charles car accident lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C., by calling 816-888-8888 to schedule a free consultation. We care about getting our clients the justice and compensation they deserve, and we will fight tirelessly on your behalf. Contact us today to get started.

Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.

Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.