Craig, MO (September 29, 2022) – A traffic incident was reported in Holt County that left one woman with moderate injuries. On September 26, the Missouri State Highway Patrol responded to the site of a collision on US Highway 59.
According to police reports, at approximately 320 p.m., a 2018 Dodge Durango and a 2000 international tractor-trailer were both traveling westbound on US Highway 59. For unknown reasons, the two vehicles collided in the area near Elmwood Road. The impact of the crash sends the Dodge down an embankment. The Dodge was moderately damaged and had to be towed from the scene.
The driver of the Dodge, 74-year-old Janice Dougherty of Craig, Missouri, suffered injuries in the crash. She was transported to Mosaic Life Care in St. Joseph, Missouri, for treatment of injuries.
The crash remains under investigation at this time.
Our thoughts are with Janice Dougherty as we hope for her full recovery.
Car Accidents in Missouri
Auto collisions across Missouri leave tens of thousands of people hurt each year. Unfortunately, people involved in accidents often suffer from significant injuries. Common injuries reported in car crashes include:
- Traumatic brain injury: A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a diagnosis given to someone who has been injured in a car accident and suffers significant brain damage. Brain injuries can be life-threatening and require extensive rehabilitation. They can also result in long-term mental health issues.
- Whiplash: Whiplash occurs when the neck is jerked back and forth violently. This can cause long-term physical and mental health issues.
- Hand injuries: Injuries to the hands can range from minor cuts and scratches to major fractures.
- Spinal cord injuries: Injuries to the spinal cord can result in paralysis or even death. This is a particularly serious injury when it occurs as a result of a car accident.
- Brain injuries: Brain injuries can be life-threatening and require extensive rehabilitation. They can also result in long-term mental health issues.
Suffering from any type of injury can result in the need for medical care. Depending on the severity and type of injuries, victims often have to go through months of therapy and rehabilitation. Not only is medical treatment time-consuming, but it is incredibly costly. If you have been hurt in an accident as a result of another person’s negligence, you must reach out to a car accident lawyer in Craig right away. You may be able to file a personal injury claim against the person who is responsible for your crash.
Our lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you protect your legal rights after your crash. We will build a strong personal injury claim and fight to get you fair compensation for your damages.
Schedule a consultation at our Missouri law firm by calling 816-888-8888 at your earliest convenience.
Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.
Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.