[Video Summary] What is a Personal Injury Claim?
Personal Injury Claims Overview:
- Personal injury claims are civil lawsuits seeking compensation for injuries caused by another party's negligence.
- These claims can result from incidents like car accidents, slip and falls, medical malpractice, dog bites, or defective products.
Types of Damages:
- Economic damages: Cover medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, lost wages due to injuries, and financial losses caused by the injury.
- Non-economic damages: Emotional distress and pain and suffering, even if there are no physical injuries.
Importance of Legal Representation:
- An expert personal injury lawyer can help quantify non-economic damages and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Peterson and Associates offers a free, no-obligation consultation for those who have suffered injuries due to someone else's negligence.
No Win, No Fee, It's That Simple!:
The law firm operates on a contingency fee or a "no win, no fee" basis, emphasizing their commitment to delivering results and helping clients rebuild their lives after injury.
[Video Transcript] What is a Personal Injury Claim?
Hello, I'm Ross Paczkowski an attorney at Peterson and Associates here in Kansas City Missouri. If you've suffered an injury at the hands of another's carelessness you may be wondering about legal action, but what exactly does that look like and what kind of claim might you have. If another person injured you through irresponsible or negligent actions you might have a personal injury claim against them. A personal injury claim is a civil lawsuit where an injured person seeks compensation from the party who caused the injury. These claims can stem from a wide array of incidents such as car accidents, slip and falls, medical malpractice, dog bites or defective products.
Generally we have two kinds of Damages in personal injury cases. The first revolves around economic damages resulting from physical injuries like those from a car crash or severe injuries that limit one's ability to work. The economic damages compensation aims to cover medical and rehabilitation costs, lost wages due to injury and other Financial losses.
The second category focuses on non-economic damages or emotional distress and pain and suffering. Maybe you were in a car accident where there was no physical injury but you experienced severe emotional trauma. Or perhaps you now fear visiting places like a shopping mall because of a past incident. An expert personal injury lawyer can help quantify these intangible damages.
If you've suffered due to someone else's negligence please reach out to us at Peterson & Associates for a free, no obligation consultation.
No Win, No Fee, It's that Simple!
We'll help ensure you receive the compensation you need to get your life back on track. Because when you're injured, Results Matter!
A personal injury claim is a civil suit filed by an injured person against another party who has caused the injury. These claims can involve any injury caused by car accidents, slip and falls, medical malpractice, dangerous products, and workplace injuries. Personal injury cases are meant to compensate the victim for their losses due to the other party’s actions.
There are two main types of personal injury cases:
- Damages for physical injuries. These cases may involve a car accident, a fall on stairs, or a more severe injury such as paralysis or brain damage that prevents someone from working. Compensation is intended to pay for all medical treatment, ongoing rehabilitation, wages lost due to the inability to work, and other financial losses.
- Damages for emotional distress and pain and suffering. These cases may involve a car accident where there was no physical damage but where the person involved suffered emotional trauma due to the collision or because they have to avoid certain places like their local mall or school because they are afraid they will fall again. An experienced personal injury lawyer will have the tools to put a price tag on these kinds of non-economic losses.
If you have been injured due to another person’s negligence, it is important to contact an experienced personal injury attorney right away so that you can receive maximum compensation for your losses.