[Video Summary] What is Personal Injury?
- Personal injury refers to harm to one's body, mind, or property caused by another's actions, potentially resulting in financial responsibility for the responsible party.
- Types of incidents leading to personal injuries include car accidents, motorcycle incidents, slip and falls, dog bites, nursing home neglect, and elder abuse.
- Immediate medical attention is crucial after a personal injury incident to prevent long-term consequences.
- Residents of Kansas City who suffer personal injuries due to negligence should consult a personal injury lawyer at Peterson and Associates to explore their legal options.
- Peterson and Associates offer a free, no-obligation consultation to determine if a personal injury claim is viable.
Personal injury is an umbrella term for any injury or harm to the body, mind, or property caused by someone else’s actions. If the person who caused the injuries is determined to have been negligent, reckless, careless, or intentional in their actions, they can be held financially responsible—usually through a claim on their insurance policy.
Types of Personal Injury Accidents
Personal injuries are caused by the following types of actions:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Train and railroad accidents
- Commercial trucking accidents
- Dog bites
- Ladder falls
- Slip and falls
- Cancer misdiagnosis
- Nursing home neglect and elder abuse
- Dangerous drugs and medical devices
- Defective products
- ATV accidents
- Boating accidents
- Sexual assault and child abuse
A personal injury accident can result in a wide range of injuries and damage to different parts of the body. If a personal injury accident results in death, the claim changes to wrongful death to compensate surviving family members.
[Video Transcript] What is Personal Injury?
Hi I'm attorney Kyle Sanford from Peterson Associates in Kansas City Missouri. Today we're here to answer a simple yet important question what is personal injury. Personal injury refers to any injury or harm to one's body mind or property caused by the actions of another. If the person responsible for your injury was negligent, reckless, careless or intentional on their actions they can be held financially responsible usually through their insurance.
Several types of incidents can lead to personal injuries including car accidents, motorcycle incidents, slip and falls, dog bites and even cases of nursing home neglect or elder abuse. These incidents can lead to a wide array of injuries or even result in wrongful death. It is important to seek immediate medical attention after a personal injury incident as it can prevent long-term consequences.
If you've been injured due to someone else's negligence in Kansas City you should consult a personal injury lawyer to understand your legal options. if you think you've suffered a personal injury and you're wondering whether you have a claim best way to find out is to contact us at Peterson and Associates as soon as possible. We offer a free no obligation consultation so you can get the answer you're looking for don't wait call the Eights today find out if you have a claim. Because when you're Injured, Results Matter!
It’s important to seek medical attention as soon as possible after a personal injury because it can help prevent long-term consequences such as loss of mobility, reduced quality of life, and more. If you have been injured because of someone else’s negligence in Kansas City, you need to contact a Kansas City personal injury lawyer to understand your legal rights and options.