St Louis, MO – Injuries Reported in Auto Wreck on I-70 near MO-141
St Louis, MO – Injury Accident Reported on I-270 near MO-370
Springfield, also known as the “Queen City of the Ozarks,” is the third-largest city in Missouri and home to more than 400,000 people. Despite the charms Springfield exudes, it has its fair share of car accidents which are often traumatizing to victims.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence in Springfield, you may be eligible for compensation for your injuries. However, you will need an experienced auto accident lawyer to help you navigate the legal process and get total compensation for your injuries.
At Peterson & Associates, P.C., we understand how traumatizing this period can be for you, which is why we’re here to help you. Our experienced Springfield car accident lawyers can help you get the compensation and justice you deserve for your injuries. Contact our Springfield personal injury law office for a free auto accident case evaluation.
Have you or a loved one been injured in a car accident in Springfield? You may be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries. Our Springfield car accident lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you get the compensation and justice you deserve for your injuries. Contact our Springfield personal injury firm today for a free case evaluation.
What Causes Car Accidents in Springfield?
Car accidents are often devastating to victims. They can leave victims severely injured or even lead to loss of life. Some of the main causes of car accidents in Springfield, MO, include:
- Drunk Driving: Drunk driving, also known as impaired driving, refers to operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or another drug. This poses a severe threat to the safety of others on the road. Drunk drivers often cause car accidents because they are less aware of their surroundings. Drunk driving is illegal in Springfield and the entire state of Missouri.
- Speeding: Speeding increases the chances of car accidents. If you were involved in an accident because of someone else’s speed, contact an experienced attorney to determine your legal options.
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is a leading cause of car accidents. Distracted driving occurs when drivers engage in anything from checking their phone to eating or drinking while behind the wheel. Distracted driving is also linked to an increased risk of serious crashes involving head-on collisions and multi-vehicle accidents. These types of crashes often result in severe injuries and even fatalities. Many different kinds of distractions can lead to an accident. The most common are drowsing, daydreaming, and fumbling for your phone or other items on the dashboard. Other distractions include trying to adjust the radio or music player, changing the settings on the car stereo, or engaging in conversations with other passengers. Distracted driving is illegal under Missouri law, regardless of whether you’re using your phone. Missouri law considers “all text messaging” as a distraction.
- Poor Road Conditions: When it comes to car accidents, poor road conditions are a big factor. Flooding, potholes, and other problems can cause serious damage to cars and even lead to crashes.
- Bad Weather Condition: Car accidents in Springfield, Missouri, usually happen when weather conditions aren’t ideal. When roads are wet or icy, drivers must slow down and drive more carefully.
Common Injuries Suffered in Car Accidents
Car accidents in Springfield, Missouri, can cause several types of injuries. Some of the injuries car accident victims in Springfield often suffer include:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a common injury that occurs when the neck is jerked forward or backward. This can cause pain and swelling of the neck muscles and tissues. The severity of a whiplash injury depends on the force of the collision, but most people will have neck pain following a car accident. Some people may have severe whiplash symptoms, such as difficulty swallowing, numbness in one side of the body, or loss of reflexes. Severe whiplash injuries require immediate medical care to reduce pain and limit movement-impairing effects.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Tissue damage occurs when the body is exposed to extreme force, such as when a car crashes into another vehicle or an object. Commonly affected areas include the skin, muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Tissue damage can result in pain, swelling, and scarring. In severe cases, it can lead to permanent disability or death.
- Injuries to the Head and Neck: Injuries to the head and neck are among the most common type of injury among car accident victims. These injuries often result from airbags deploying in a crash or from being hit by the roof or windshield during a crash.
- Bruises: Bruises on the body are another common injury caused by car accidents in Springfield, Missouri. These bruises are so common that they’re typically considered normal for any injury sustained in an accident. Bruises can be caused by colliding with other vehicles or by being slammed against the dashboard as you try to grab your phone or other items that fell out of reach during a crash.
- Broken Bones: Broken bones are another type of injury that commonly occurs after car accidents in Springfield, Missouri. Car crashes frequently involve rear-end collisions when drivers cannot see behind them. When this happens, it’s not uncommon for one driver to break ribs, collarbones, or their pelvis. Broken bones can also occur due to being thrown into the windshield while driving at high speeds or hitting another object.
What are the Compensations Available to Car Accident Victims in Springfield?
You may be eligible for compensation if you have been injured in a car accident. There are many different types of compensation that you may qualify for, depending on the circumstances surrounding your accident. Some of the compensation available to car accident victims in Springfield, MO, include:
- Lost wages
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Loss of consortium
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Springfield, MO, contact Peterson & Associates, P.C. for a free consultation. Our car accident lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can ensure you get the compensation and justice you deserve. We will review your case carefully, help you gather evidence, and help you navigate the entire legal process.
How to File a Car Accident Claim in Springfield
To properly file a car accident claim in Missouri, you should contact a Springfield car accident lawyer specializing in personal injury claims. This is especially true if your injuries leave you unable to work. Filing a claim is complicated, and it can be difficult to navigate alone. However, your personal injury attorney will help you navigate the entire legal process.
Our personal injury attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you navigate Missouri’s complex legal system and ensure you get your deserved compensation. Contact our personal injury law firm to get started on your case today.
Statute of Limitations for Car Accident Cases in Springfield
The statute of limitations for filing a car accident claim in Missouri is usually five years. This means that you have five years from the date of the accident to file a claim.
This may seem like a long time, but it is often advisable to file a claim as soon as possible. If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Springfield, Missouri, you should contact an auto accident lawyer as soon as possible to get started on your case.
Our auto accident attorneys at Peterson & Associates are ready to help. Contact our Springfield personal injury law firm today to discuss your case.
Benefits of Working with a Car Accident Lawyer
Working with a personal injury lawyer is the best way to ensure you get the compensation you deserve after an auto accident. Personal injury lawyers know how to build a strong case and can help you find evidence that can help convince the court that you were not at fault. They can also negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf and help you deal with the emotional impact of an accident.
How to Find the Right Car Accident Lawyer For Your Case
Car accident cases are complicated, but they can be even more challenging when there is a lot of uncertainty. This is because you don’t know what happened or why. In addition, you might not have all the facts because witnesses may be unreliable or not present at the time of the incident.
There are a few things that you should keep in mind as you begin your search for a car accident lawyer. First, you need to pick one who has experience with your specific type of case. That way, they can spot potential weak points in your case and address them head-on.
Second, make sure they have solid references, both from other clients and from other professionals. Finally, look for someone friendly, approachable, and willing to answer your questions honestly.
Questions to Ask a Car Accident Lawyer
Once you have narrowed down your list of candidates, you will want to take the time to interview each of them. This can be time-consuming, but it is crucial to find the right Springfield car accident attorney for your case. During the interview, you will want to ask the following questions:
- Do you have any experience handling car accident cases?
- Are you familiar with Missouri’s legal system?
- How will you help me win my case?
- How much will you charge me?
- How long will the process take?
- What is your payment structure?
FAQs About Car Accident Cases
Here are some frequently asked questions about car accident cases:
Q: What should I do after being involved in a car accident?
A: After you have been involved in a car accident, you should immediately speak with a Springfield car accident lawyer to discuss your options.
If you are unsure whether or not you were at fault for the accident, it is best to seek legal advice early on. You should also contact your insurance company right away. The sooner you do so, the faster your claim will go through the system, and the less time you will have to spend on paperwork and waiting for payments.
Q: What types of cases are there?
A: There are two types of cases that you can bring against the driver or the person who caused the accident. These are known as negligence and strict liability. Negligence occurs if you were injured in a car accident and the other party behaved negligently. This means that you must prove that the other party was at fault for your injuries, regardless of whether or not they were insured.
Strict liability is when you were injured in a car accident, but there was no fault on your part. In this case, you only need to prove that the other driver was at fault for their involvement in the accident.
Q: How do I find a good Springfield car accident lawyer?
A: The best way to find an experienced Springfield car accident attorney is by asking around among your friends and family members who have had similar experiences to yours. You can also ask friends and family members who have had legal issues with accidents before to recommend someone to work with on your case.
Contact a Missouri Car Accident Lawyer Today
Car accidents are often devasting. In addition to their injuries, car wreck victims can be traumatized for the rest of their lives.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident in Springfield, Missouri, you may be eligible for compensation. Our experienced Springfield car accident attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you get the fair compensation and justice you deserve for your injuries. We have several years of experience handling car accident cases in Springfield and helping auto accident victims file their car accident claims. We will help you build your case and get maximum compensation.
Don’t wait to get started on your cause. If you’ve been involved in a car accident that was caused through no fault of your own, you should file a claim for compensation. Contact a Springfield car accident lawyer at Peterson & Associates, P.C. by calling (816) 837-5011 for a free case evaluation.
St Louis, MO – Injuries Reported in Auto Wreck on I-70 near MO-141
St Louis, MO – Injury Accident Reported on I-270 near MO-370
Meet the Attorneys of Peterson & Associates, P.C.
What Our Clients Are Saying
We are proud to establish long standing relationships with our clients and we pride ourselves on offering quality, personalized, confident representation to all of our clients.
Team did a great job resolving my injury case- Daniel G.
They were instrumental in saving my life.- Kathy
I’m a witness to how wonderful they are as a law firm.- Larry
Peterson & Associates, P.C. heard me and made sure I was not taken advantage of.- Lee
I would definitely recommend Peterson & Associates- Leesa
They get the job done- Theresa
Choosing Our Team
Many people that have been injured in car accidents are unsure of where to start with a legal claim. Our team of highly trained lawyers can help to review the details of your crash and guide you through the process. Below, learn more about the attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C., their results, and contingency fees.