Trucks are a necessity. Without trucks and their operators, we would have difficulty getting the goods we need to sustain many different aspects of our lives. However, a truck’s large size and weight can pose severe and fatal injuries to those involved in a truck accident.
Truck Accidents by the Numbers
- Every year, 500,000 truck accidents occur in the U.S.
- The highest number of fatal crashes was recorded in 2005. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reported 5,231 truck and bus crash fatalities that year.
- Truck accidents increased 42% between 2009 and 2017.
- 68% of truck-related crash deaths happened in rural areas, on interstate roads, and on highways.
- 11% of roadside fatalities were related to truck accidents in 2017.
- Truck accident injuries increased 62% between 2009 and 2015.
Learn more from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
Getting Help After a Truck Accident
From traumatic brain injuries to spinal cord injuries, truck accidents can cause some of the most severe injuries. If you or a loved one were involved in a truck crash and need help filing a truck accident claim, our team of experienced attorneys is here to protect your rights.
We are here to be your advocate in holding those responsible for your injuries accountable for their careless actions. When facing mounting bills for medical care, treatments, and therapies, the financial strains can be overwhelming for you and your family. Know that you are not alone, and you have the right to receive compensation.
Here are some ways we work to help Kansas City area residents who've been injured in truck accidents:
- Initial consultation. We provide a free initial consultation to discuss the details of the truck accident, assess the strength of your case, and advise you on the next steps to take.
- Investigation. We will thoroughly investigate the truck accident, gathering evidence such as accident reports, witness statements, photographs, video footage, and any other relevant information to establish liability.
- Gathering expert witnesses. We'll engage the services of accident reconstruction experts, medical professionals, and other relevant experts to evaluate the accident and provide expert opinions and testimony as needed.
- Negotiating with the insurance company. We will negotiate with the insurance companies involved, including the trucking company's insurance, to pursue a fair settlement that covers your medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
- Documentation and paperwork. We'll assist in preparing and filing all necessary legal documents, including insurance claims, court filings, and any other paperwork required to pursue your truck accident claim.
- Representation in court. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will prepare your case for trial and provide skilled representation in court, presenting your case to a judge and/or jury and advocating for maximum compensation.
- Support and guidance. Our team will provide ongoing support, answer your questions, keep you informed about the progress of your case, and guide you through the legal process, ensuring your rights are protected.