When you are injured, you most likely have many questions about your rights and how to recover damages for your injuries. Our Mehlville personal injury attorneys can help you put together a legal strategy and seek recompense to compensate you for your injuries. Contact our experienced personal injury lawyers today to discuss your case.
What is a Personal Injury?
A personal injury is an injury that you sustained because of the negligence of another person or company. The injury can be physical, emotional, or financial, and it can occur in almost any setting. If you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation.
Contact our experienced personal injury lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C to find out if you have a case.
The Most Common Types of Personal Injury Claims
You may wonder what personal injury claims are available to you if you’ve been injured.
There are many different types of personal injury claims, but some of the most common include:
- Car accidents
- Slip and falls
- Workplace injuries
- Product liability claims
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
Each type of claim has its own rules and procedures, so it’s essential to consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer to find out your best course of action.
What are Common Causes of Personal Injury in Mehlville?
There are many causes of personal injury. Some are common, while others are specific to certain types of accidents. The most common causes of personal injury are:
- Car Accidents: Car accidents are the most common cause of personal injury. They are also the most common cause of death in the United States.
- Medical Malpractice: Medical malpractice occurs when a doctor, nurse, or other medical professional fails to provide the standard of care to which a patient is entitled. This can include a failure to diagnose a condition, a failure to treat a condition, or a failure to inform a patient of a condition.
- Slip and Fall: Slip and fall accidents occur when someone slips and falls on a wet or otherwise dangerous surface. This can include a wet floor, a slippery floor, or a floor that is not maintained correctly. Slip and fall accidents can also occur on a sidewalk, a stairway, or a parking lot.
- Workplace Accident: Workplace accidents occur when a person is injured on the job. This can include injuries sustained by a worker who is not adequately trained or who is not using the proper equipment.
- Product Liability Accidents: Product liability accidents occur when a product is defective and causes injury to the consumer.
Common Injuries Victims Sustain in Mehlville
Personal injury victims in Mehlville mo often suffer from a range of injuries, including:
- Brain Injuries: These injuries can be caused by a blow to the head or a violent shaking of the head and often considered traumatic brain injuries or TBIs.
- Broken Bones: These injuries are common in car accidents, slip and fall accidents, and other types of accidents. Some of the most common fractures include Collarbone (clavicle), femur (thigh bone), radius and ulna (forearm bones), and tibia (shin bones).
- Back and Neck Injuries: These occur when the muscles, ligaments, and vertebrae in the back or neck are damaged during an accident. Common back injuries include herniated discs, pinched nerves, sciatica, and degenerative disc disease, and other forms of spinal cord injury.
- Head Injuries: Head injuries can be life-threatening and traumatic. Many head injuries also result in permanent brain damage. The most common head injuries are concussions, contusions, and lacerations.
- Burns: Burns is one of the most severe injuries anyone can sustain. Even a minor burn can lead to extensive bruising or scarring.
If you or someone you know has been injured in an accident, it’s important to speak to a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. We offer free consultations at Peterson & Associates, P.C. don’t hesitate to call us today.
Process of Filing a Personal Injury Claim in Mehlville
An injury claim is a lawsuit against another person or company for physical or emotional damages that you have suffered due to an accident. To file a successful injury claim, you must prove that your injury was due to negligence on the part of the other party. Negligence can be shown if the person responsible for the accident did not act as a reasonable person would have acted under the same or similar circumstances.
To file a personal injury claim, you should:
- Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney: They will help you gather the evidence you need to support your case and file a claim on your behalf. Our experienced attorneys at Peterson & Associates P.C. can help you navigate the complex legal process of filing a claim. Our lawyers will also negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf and work to get you the compensation you deserve.
- Gather Evidence: To ensure the success of your personal injury claim, it is important to gather important pieces of evidence. Examples of evidence that can be important while filing a personal injury claim include pictures of your injury and the accident scene, medical records, and proof of lost income.
- File a Personal Injury Claim with the Court: To file a personal injury claim, you must file a complaint with the court and detail the damages you have suffered. Additionally, you must provide vital evidence to support your claims, such as photos of the accident scene and medical records to prove your injuries.
It’s important to remember that the process of filing a personal injury claim can be complicated and frustrating. That’s why it’s essential to have an experienced lawyer on your side.
What to Do if You’ve Been the Victim of a Personal Injury
If you’ve been the victim of a personal injury, there are a few steps you need to take to ensure you’re protected. Here’s what to do if you’ve been a personal injury victim:
- Seek Medical Attention: First and foremost, you need to seek medical attention. Even if you don’t think your injuries are serious, it’s important to get checked out by a doctor. Many injuries aren’t noticeable until later, so it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer: If you’ve suffered personal injuries as a result of someone else’s negligence, you should contact a personal injury lawyer at Peterson & Associates, P.C. Our personal injury attorneys can help you file a claim and get the ball rolling on getting the compensation you deserve. It’s essential to act quickly, as there are often time limits for filing personal injury claims.
- Track Your Expenses: It is important to keep track of all expenses related to your injury. This includes medical bills, travel expenses, and even lost wages. Having all this information handy will make it easier for your lawyer to get you the maximum amount of compensation possible.
What are the Damages You Can Claim in a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
There are several damages that you can claim in a personal injury lawsuit. Some of the most common damages you can claim in a personal injury lawsuit include:
- Medical Expenses: Medical expenses are the costs you incur due to your injury. This can include the cost of medical treatment, hospitalization, and medication.
- Lost Wages: Lost wages are the wages you lose due to being unable to work because of your injury. This can include missed time at work, as well as future wages you lose because of your injury.
- Pain and Suffering: This is the physical and emotional pain and anguish you experience as a result of your injury. Pain and suffering can be extremely difficult to quantify, so having an experienced personal injury lawyer is crucial.
- Wrongful Death: When a family loses a loved one as a result of someone else’s negligence, they can file a wrongful death lawsuit to seek damages for the loss of their loved one. Compensations for wrongful death include funeral expenses, medical bills, pain and suffering, and lost wages.
- Loss of Consortium: This claim is often made by partners of personal injury victims. It helps them cope with the injuries of their loved ones.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, contact our personal injury lawyers in Mehlville, MO, today for a free consultation. We’ll work to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
How an Experienced Mehlville Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You
If you’ve been injured in an accident, you may wonder how you will pay for your medical bills and make up for your lost wages. The good news is that you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit and receive compensation for your injuries.
However, filing a lawsuit can be difficult, and it’s even more difficult if you don’t have experience with the legal system. That’s where an experienced personal injury lawyer comes in. A lawyer can help you gather evidence, build a case, and negotiate with the insurance company.
If you’re considering filing a personal injury lawsuit, contact the attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C. for a free consultation. We’ll review your personal injury case and let you know what we can do to help you get the compensation you deserve.
What are the Benefits of Working With Peterson & Associates, P.C.?
If you need a personal injury lawyer in Mehlville, then it is vital to consult Peterson & Associates, P.C. Our personal injury lawyers are ready to fight for you. Here are some of the benefits of working with our personal injury law firm:
- Our Attorneys are Highly Experienced and Reputable: When you choose Peterson & Associates, P.C., you’re choosing a law firm with the experience and resources to get you the best possible outcome for your case. We have handled many personal injury lawsuits on behalf of our clients. Our attorneys have a proven track record of success and will fight tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve.
- We Offer Free Initial Consultations: We understand that this is a difficult time for you and your family, and we’re here to help you through it. We offer free consultations so that you can discuss your case with an attorney and find out how we can help.
- Dedicated Attorneys Ready to Fight for You: We know that personal injury cases can be complex, so we have a team of dedicated Louis personal injury lawyers and support staff dedicated to helping you through every step of the process. We’re here to answer any questions you may have and to provide whatever support you need.
If you’re looking for a personal injury lawyer in Mehlville, MO, contact Peterson & Associates, P.C. today for a free consultation. Our Mehlville Mo personal injury lawyers will help you get the compensation and justice you deserve. Our attorneys will maintain a positive attorney-client relationship and answer all the questions you might have.
Let Our Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers Help You
If you’ve been injured in an accident, you may need the help of a Louis personal injury lawyer. When you’re injured, it’s important to have an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side. The aftermath of an injury can be very traumatizing. Our experienced Mehlville personal injury attorneys know how difficult this time can be. We are here to help you. We know the ins and outs of personal injury law. We’ll use our expertise to get you the best possible outcome in your case. We’ll review your case and let you know what your options are.
Our Louis personal injury attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C. have helped many injured victims get the compensation they deserve. We’ll handle every aspect of your case so you can focus on healing. Moreover, we won’t charge you a dime until we win your case as we work to protect your legal rights and pursue justice. Contact our Mehlville personal injury lawyers online or call 816-888-8888 to learn more about your options and get started on your case.