A catastrophic injury occurs when you suffer a severe enough injury that causes significant damage to your body, resulting in your inability to function as you usually would. When your body suffers a serious injury, it reacts instinctually by protecting itself from further harm. This makes it harder for you to recover from your injuries.
The severity of your injuries will also affect how long you have to heal and whether or not you’ll be able to return to everyday life afterward. If you or someone you know has been injured in an accident, it might seem like your life has been turned upside down.
Don’t let the situation overwhelm you. You can trust that the attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C. are here to fight for your rights, defend your interests, and ensure you are well compensated for your injuries. Contact our Springfield personal injury law firm today for a free case evaluation.
Have you or a loved one suffered catastrophic injuries in Springfield? Our Springfield catastrophic injury lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can ensure you get justice and compensation for your injuries. Contact our Springfield personal injury law firm for a free case evaluation.
What is a Catastrophic Injury?
A catastrophic injury is an injury that results in a severe loss of blood or tissue. A catastrophic injury can occur at any time. Some examples include a severe cut, fracture, penetrating wound, and lacerations. Many catastrophic injuries result from accidents such as motorcycle crashes, car accidents, falls, sports injuries, and gunshot wounds.
Catastrophic injuries often cause massive bleeding, resulting in organ failure, shock, and unconsciousness. When the brain receives less oxygen, the person will lose consciousness.
It is essential to get medical help immediately after a catastrophic injury occurs. After getting medical help, you should contact an experienced Springfield personal injury lawyer to help you get justice and financial compensation for your injuries.
At Peterson & Associates, P.C., we have several years of experience handling personal injury cases and helping catastrophic injury victims seek justice. We will fight for you while you focus on your recovery.
What are the Causes of Catastrophic Injuries?
There are a number of different causes of catastrophic injuries. Some of the most common include:
- Medical Malpractice: Medical malpractice is the primary cause of catastrophic injuries. Medical professionals are held to a high standard of care and are responsible for preserving your health and functioning. When they cause you harm, it is called medical malpractice. Medical malpractice can take many different forms. It can include mistakes made during surgery, infections contracted during treatment, or lack of treatment.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: There are many different ways in which you can get injured in a traffic collision. For example, a motorist may hit your vehicle from behind, causing a rear-end crash. Negligent motorists commonly run red lights, stop signs, or otherwise disregard basic road rules. And intoxicated drivers repeatedly trigger severe collisions resulting in catastrophic injuries and death.
- Recreational Activities: There are many recreational activities to be enjoyed in Springfield, such as visiting the Springfield Conservation Nature Center, Dickerson Park Zoo, and skating at the Springfield skatepark. However, when you participate in a recreational activity, you can get hurt. While some recreational activities are much more likely to injure you than others, all of them have the potential to cause catastrophic injuries.
- Workplace Accidents: When you work at a job that involves dangerous activities or tasks, such as construction or farming, there is always the chance of getting hurt on the job. If you are involved in an accident at work, it is vital to seek medical treatment and make sure that your injuries are properly documented. This will make it easier for you to receive compensation for your injuries.
Catastrophic injuries can destroy your quality of life and cause pain and suffering for years afterward. If you have been seriously injured as a result of another party’s carelessness, you need to contact a Springfield personal injury lawyer who specializes in catastrophic injury accidents to speak with them about how they could help represent your case for compensation.
Types of Springfield Catastrophic Injuries
There are various catastrophic injuries that can take away from your quality of life and cause pain and suffering for years after they occur. These include but are not limited to:
- Brain Injuries: The brain is the most complex part of the human anatomy and is also the most susceptible to injury. A traumatic brain injury (TBI) occurs when the brain is injured due to trauma, such as in a catastrophic injury.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: The spinal cord is a flexible tube that runs from the base of the brain to the lower part of the spine. Like other types of injuries, a spinal cord injury (SCI) can leave you with permanent loss of function.
- Joint Injuries: This type of injury occurs when damage is caused to the joints rather than the bones surrounding them. This can cause severe swelling and instability, limiting the ease at which you can move your limbs.
- Hip Injuries: The hip joint is a ball-and-socket joint that allows you to move your legs. A hip injury occurs when a traumatic event causes the hip to be forcefully turned, which may lead to damage to the hip joint itself.
- Shoulder Injuries: The shoulder joint is a hinge joint that allows you to lift your arms and hands. A shoulder injury occurs when a traumatic event or other blunt force causes the shoulder joint to be forcefully turned, which can lead to severe damage to the shoulder joint.
What is a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
A personal injury lawsuit is a civil lawsuit filed against someone who has caused harm to the plaintiff, typically after an accident. Personal injury lawsuits are brought by individuals and their families who have been injured or have suffered damages as a result of another person’s negligence.
The main goal of personal injury lawsuits is to compensate the victim for any losses they have suffered. Damages in personal injury lawsuits may include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other costs associated with the accident. Personal injury lawsuits also provide an opportunity for victims to hold wrongdoers accountable for their actions. A personal injury lawsuit can serve as a warning for future potential victims about the dangers of negligent behavior.
Depending on the situation, a personal injury lawyer may be able to help you recover compensation for your injuries and damages. If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of someone else’s negligent actions, our Springfield personal injury lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you fight for justice and ensure you get financial compensation for your injuries. Contact our Springfield personal injury lawsuit to schedule a free consultation to get started on your case.
How Can I File a Catastrophic Injury Claim in Springfield?
Filing a personal injury claim can be a complex process, mainly due to the fact that a sudden accident and resulting injuries can leave you stressed out and confused. The first step is to gather all of the necessary information about the accident. This includes written records from witnesses and all other evidence that was present at the time of the incident. Next, you will need to navigate through the insurance company and file a claim with your insurance provider. Once this has been done, you will be able to start the process of receiving compensation for your injuries.
It is important to remember that personal injury claims take time to process and can be complicated. Therefore, seeking legal counsel is crucial if you think you may have a case. An attorney will be able to help you navigate through the claims process and provide valuable advice throughout your case.
Our team of Springfield personal injury lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you get the compensation and justice you deserve for your injuries. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
What are the Compensations Available to Catastrophic Injury Victims in Springfield?
Compensation is an essential part of the process for a catastrophic injury victim. Compensation includes financial relief and other forms of assistance, such as medical care, counseling, and rehabilitation. The amount of compensation will depend on the type of injury and the severity of the damage.
There are several different types of compensation available to catastrophic injury victims. These include:
- Medical bills
- Disability payments
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of quality of life
However, it is essential to know that the amount of compensation will depend on a number of factors, including:
- The extent of your injuries
- The cost of your medical care
- The amount of financial support you may need from family members
- The extent to which your injuries impair your ability to earn money
A Springfield personal injury attorney can ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Contact our personal injury attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C., to explore your legal options.
What are the Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer?
There are many reasons to consider hiring a personal injury lawyer. As one of the top legal professionals in the country, a good lawyer can help you navigate the legal system, get compensation for your damages, and secure reparations for any losses you may have suffered as a result of your accident.
A lawyer also has the experience and knowledge to represent your interests in court, which can be crucial when going up against large corporations that are often well-equipped and prepared to fight you tooth and nail. Another benefit of hiring a lawyer is that they will be able to provide you with expert advice on the best course of action. They will be able to assess the pros and cons of each potential option and help you make an informed decision. Finally, a good lawyer can negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, which can result in substantial savings for you.
How to Find the Right Springfield Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured in Springfield, Misssouri, it is vital that you find the right lawyer to help. It is not always easy to know who to turn to when you are in need of legal assistance, but there are a few key things you can do to make sure you find the right attorney for your case.
First, look for a lawyer who has a good reputation in his or her community. This will help to ensure that they are experienced and knowledgeable about the area’s laws and procedures.
Next, ask for referrals from family members, friends, and co-workers. These people will know someone who knows someone who can be trusted to handle your case.
Finally, look for a lawyer with a specialization in catastrophic injury cases. These lawyers are more likely to be able to deal with the unique issues involved in catastrophic injury cases, such as medical malpractice or wrongful death suits.
Questions to Ask a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
When choosing a lawyer, it is important to ask as many questions as possible. The following are a few questions you should ask your attorney:
- Do you have any experience handling cases like this?
- Do you have any past clients I can contact?
- How do you determine the value of an injury case?
- What legal strategy should I expect you to use in court?
- What are the chances of winning?
- What is your fee structure?
- Do you believe in maintaining a positive attorney-client relationship?
These are just a few questions you should consider when selecting a lawyer.
Speak with a Springfield Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured, you are entitled to seek compensation for your injuries. Contact a Springfield catastrophic injury lawyer at Peterson & Associates, P.C. by calling 816-888-8888 to schedule a free consultation. We will fight for your due compensation and justice while you focus on your recovery.