Have you or a loved one been injured in Springfield? You may be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries.
Every year, thousands of people are injured in Springfield, Missouri accidents that could have been prevented. If you’ve been injured in an accident, you need to speak to a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Individuals who sustain injuries in accidents that are caused through no fault of their own have the right to file a personal injury lawsuit and may be entitled to compensation for their injuries.
At Peterson & Associates, P.C., we have years of experience helping accident victims receive the compensation they need and the justice they deserve. We’ll work hard to get you the best possible outcome for your case. Contact a Springfield personal injury attorney at our personal injury law firm to discuss your case today with a free case evaluation.
Our personal injury attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you get the compensation and justice you deserve for your injuries. Contact our Springfield personal injury law firm today for a free consultation.
Types of Personal Injury Claims We Handle
If you’ve been injured due to another person’s careless, reckless, or negligent actions, you may be able to file a personal injury claim. At Peterson & Associates, P.C., we handle a wide range of personal injury claims. Our attorneys are well-versed in all personal injury claims and can help you receive a large compensation payout. Some of the most common types of personal injury claims we handle include:
- Car Accidents: Car accidents are one of Springfield’s most common causes of personal injury. If you’ve been injured in a car accident, it’s important to know your rights and seek legal help. Some of the most common injuries sustained in car accidents include whiplash, broken bones, spinal cord injuries, and brain injuries. If you’ve been injured in a car accident, it’s essential to seek medical attention immediately and contact a personal injury attorney.
- Motorcycle Accidents: If you’ve sustained an injury in a motorcycle accident in Springfield, you may be able to file a personal injury claim. At our law firm, we’ve helped many victims of motorcycle accidents get the compensation they deserve for their injuries. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, motorcycles are the most dangerous vehicles on the road. Many factors can contribute to a motorcycle accident. The most common causes include driver negligence, unsafe road conditions, and defective motorcycle parts. If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, you should speak with our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible. We can help you understand your rights and guide you through the legal process.
- Bicycle Accidents: Bicycle accidents are one of the most common causes of personal injury in Springfield. While any accident can be traumatic, bike accidents can be particularly so because of the high speeds involved. There are many reasons why these accidents occur, but some of the most common causes are driver negligence, running a red light or stop sign, failure to use a helmet, and riding on the wrong side of the road. You may be eligible for compensation if you’ve been injured in a bike accident. Contact our experienced attorneys in Springfield today for a free consultation if you’ve been injured in a bicycle accident. We’ll help you determine if you have a case and guide you through the process.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Springfield is a great place to walk, with plenty of pedestrian-friendly areas and sidewalks. However, pedestrian accidents are quite common. These accidents often lead to serious personal injuries. Many things can lead to a pedestrian accident, including driver distraction, drunk driving, and reckless driving. In some cases, the pedestrian may be at fault, but there are also many cases where the driver is ultimately to blame. If you’re involved in a pedestrian accident, it’s vital to seek legal help right away. The experienced personal injury lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
- Truck Accidents: At our law firm, we handle a wide range of personal injury claims, including truck accidents. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents in Springfield include driver error, bad weather, road hazards, speeding, and reckless driving. Truck drivers can make mistakes just like anyone else, and these errors can lead to severe accidents. Heavy rain, snow, and wind can make driving difficult and lead to dangerous conditions. Potholes, debris, and construction can also cause accidents when trucks travel at high speeds. Trucks are large and heavy vehicles, so when they’re driven recklessly or at high speeds, the results can be disastrous.
- Premises Liability Accidents: Premises liability accidents are one of the most common causes of personal injury in Springfield. These accidents can occur when someone is injured due to unsafe property conditions. This can include slips, trips, falls, and accidents due to hazardous property conditions. If you’ve been injured in a premises liability accident, our team can help you file a claim and get the compensation you deserve.
- Nursing Home Abuse: Thousands of nursing home residents are victims of abuse and neglect every year. Unfortunately, many cases go unreported. Nursing home abuse can take many forms, from physical assault to neglect and emotional abuse. Signs of nursing home abuse can include bruising, cuts, dehydration, bedsores, and psychological abuse. If you or a loved one has been the victim of nursing home abuse, we can help. It’s important to know that you have legal rights, and we can help you exercise them. We have a team of experienced personal injury lawyers who know how to fight for the compensation you deserve. We’ll work with you every step of the way to make sure you get the care and support you need.
No one ever expects to be injured, but when it does happen, you need to know your legal rights. At Peterson & Associates, P.C., we handle a wide range of personal injury cases, from car accidents to slip and fall incidents. If you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence, don’t hesitate to contact our Springfield, Missouri, personal injury attorneys for a free consultation. We understand what you’re going through, and we’re here to help. We’ll review your case and let you know if we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Common Types of Injuries Victims Sustain
Being involved in an accident can be a traumatic experience. Aside from the emotional impact, you may also suffer physical injuries. Some common examples of personal injuries that occur in Springfield include:
- Broken Bones: If you’re injured in an accident, one of the most common types of injuries you might suffer is a broken bone. Broken bones can take weeks, or even months, to heal properly. During that time, you’ll likely be in great pain and may need to use crutches or a wheelchair to get around. You may also have to miss work and spend time in the hospital.
- Neck Injuries: If you’re involved in an accident in Springfield, you may sustain a neck injury. This type of injury can be severe, damaging the spinal cord and leading to long-term health problems. Some common symptoms of a neck injury include neck pain, headache, dizziness, blurred vision, and numbness in the arms or legs. If you experience any of these symptoms after an accident, you must seek medical help immediately.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: One of the most common injuries people suffer in accidents is soft tissue damage. This is any damage to the body’s connective tissues, such as muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Soft tissue injuries can be excruciating and often take a long time to heal.
- Back Injuries: Back injuries are one of the most common injuries victims sustain in accidents. These injuries can be painful and can often require extensive rehabilitation. There are a variety of different back injuries that someone can sustain, including herniated disks, spinal cord compression, fractured vertebrae, and torn muscles. If you have been injured in an accident and are suffering from back pain, it is essential to seek medical attention immediately. The sooner you receive treatment, the better your chances of making a full recovery.
- Amputations: Amputations are extremely serious injuries and can result in long-term health problems and disabilities. Some common causes of amputation injuries include workplace accidents, car accidents, and pedestrian accidents. You may be entitled to compensation if you sustain an amputation injury resulting from an accident in Springfield. It would help if you spoke to a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. They can help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries are serious injuries that Springfield accident victims can sustain. Any sudden impact to the head can cause a traumatic brain injury, ranging in severity from a mild concussion to a life-threatening injury. Symptoms of these injuries can include dizziness, nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, confusion, headache, and changes in behavior or mood. If you or someone you love has been involved in an accident and exhibits any of these symptoms, it’s essential to seek medical attention immediately
- Burns: One of the most common injuries victims of accidents in Springfield sustain is a burn. Burns can occur from contact with flames, hot liquids, or hot objects. They can be extremely painful and may require medical treatment. There are three main types of burns: first-degree, second-degree, and third-degree. First-degree burns are the most minor and only affect the outer layer of skin. Second-degree burns affect both the outer and inner layers of skin and may cause blistering. Third-degree burns are the most serious and can cause damage to deeper layers of skin, as well as nerve damage. You need to seek medical attention immediately if you have a serious burn. Treatment will depend on the severity of the burn.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to someone else’s negligence in Springfield, don’t hesitate to seek help. The lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. are dedicated to helping victims get the compensation they deserve for their injuries. Contact our personal injury attorneys in Springfield for a free case evaluation now.
What Damages Can You Recover in a Personal Injury Claim in Springfield?
If you have been injured in a car accident, a premises liability accident, or any other type of accident in Springfield, you may be able to file a personal injury claim. A wide range of damages can be recovered in a personal injury claim. Some of these damages include:
- Medical Expenses: If you’re injured in an accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses. This includes the cost of emergency care, hospitalization, surgery, medication, physical therapy, and any other medical treatment you require. The at-fault party may also be required to reimburse you for any money you have spent on medical treatment or therapy due to the accident.
- Lost Earnings: In many cases, personal injury victims cannot work while recuperating. This can lead to a significant loss in income. If you can prove that you have lost earnings due to the accident, you may be able to recover those damages in your claim. You will need to provide evidence of the income you have lost. You must provide proof of your business income and expenses if you are self-employed. If you’re permanently disabled due to your injury, you may also be entitled to damages for loss of future earnings.
- Pain and Suffering: Pain and suffering are among the most common types of damages available in personal injury claims in Springfield. This includes physical pain, mental anguish, and emotional distress. There are no specific rules when it comes to calculating pain and suffering damages, as each case is unique. However, some factors that may be taken into account include the severity of the injury, how long the pain and suffering lasted, whether the injury caused any permanent disabilities, and whether medical treatment was required.
- Emotional Distress: If you’ve been injured in an accident, you may be able to recover damages for more than just your physical injuries. In some cases, you can also receive compensation for emotional distress. Emotional distress can be caused by several things, such as the fear and anxiety associated with your injury, the loss of companionship or consortium, and any humiliation or embarrassment you suffered. If you believe you may be entitled to compensation for emotional distress, speaking to an experienced personal injury lawyer is crucial. They will advise you on your best course of action and help you get the maximum amount of compensation available.
- Property Damage: If you’re injured in an accident in Springfield, you may be able to recover damages for your injuries and any property damage you sustained. You can generally recover the cost of repairing or replacing any damaged property in the accident. This may include your car, home, or other property damaged in the accident. You may also be able to recover damages for the loss of use of your property if it was rendered unusable as a result of the accident.
- Punitive Damages: In some cases, the victim of a serious injury may be entitled to punitive damages. Punitive damages are awarded to punish the defendant for their reckless or negligent behavior. These damages can be extremely high in cases of severe injury or wrongful death. To qualify for punitive damages, the victim must be able to prove that the defendant’s actions were intentional, reckless, or malicious. If you believe you may be eligible for punitive damages, you must speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer who can help you build a strong case.
- Wrongful Death: If you’ve lost a loved one as a result of someone else’s careless, reckless, or negligent actions in Springfield, Missouri, you may be able to file a wrongful death claim. This type of claim allows you to seek financial compensation for the damages you’ve suffered, including medical expenses, funeral costs, and loss of income. To be successful, your wrongful death claim must meet specific criteria. You must be able to prove that the defendant acted negligently and that their negligence was the direct cause of your loved one’s death. You must also be able to provide evidence of the monetary damages you’ve suffered. If you’re considering filing a wrongful death claim, you must speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. They can help you determine if you have a case and guide you through the legal process.
In a personal injury case, you can recover compensatory damages, which are designed to put you back in the same position you were before the accident. If you are successful in your personal injury case, you can also recover punitive damages, which are intended to punish the defendant for their negligence. Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer in Springfield at Peterson & Associates, P.C. to learn more about your legal options.
How to File a Personal Injury Claim in Springfield?
If you’ve been injured in an accident, you may wonder how to file a personal injury claim in Springfield. It can be a daunting process, but our Springfield personal injury lawyers are here to help.
You’ll need to gather evidence of your injuries to file a personal injury claim. This includes medical records, bills, photos of your injuries, and witness statements. You also might need to file a claim with the insurance company.
Our lawyers can help you negotiate a fair settlement and will represent you in court if necessary. If you’ve been injured in an accident, don’t hesitate to contact our Springfield personal injury attorneys. We’ll help you get the fair compensation you deserve.
Statutes of Limitations of Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Springfield, Missouri
In Springfield, Missouri, personal injury lawsuits must be filed within five years of the date of the injury. However, there are some exceptions to this rule.
If you’ve sustained an injury, it’s important to seek legal advice as soon as possible. The experienced personal injury lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you understand your rights and guide you through the claim process.
Why Do You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
If you’ve been injured due to someone else’s careless, reckless, or negligent actions in Springfield, you need a personal injury lawyer by your side. When filing your claim, it is important to work with an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Here are some of the benefits of hiring a personal injury lawyer:
- They know the law inside out. A lawyer will know exactly what laws apply to your case and will be able to guide you through the legal process.
- They have experience negotiating settlements. Personal injury attorneys have years of experience negotiating settlements with insurance companies. They know what to ask for and will ensure you get the best possible settlement for your injuries.
- They’re not afraid to go to court. If the insurance company doesn’t agree to a fair settlement, your lawyer will be happy to take them to court.
- They will fight for your rights. Personal injury lawyers are passionate about protecting the rights of their clients. They’ll fight hard for you and ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
Contact an Experienced Springfield Personal Injury Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, it’s important to contact an experienced Springfield personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. A lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and options and can help you seek the compensation you deserve.
Our attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C. have years of experience helping people like you get the compensation they deserve.
We understand that this is a difficult time, and we’re here to help you every step of the way. Contact a Springfield personal injury lawyer at Peterson & Associates, P.C. today by calling 816-888-8888 to schedule a free consultation and get started on your case.