St Louis, MO – Injuries Reported in Auto Wreck on I-70 near MO-141
St Louis, MO – Injury Accident Reported on I-270 near MO-370
Every year, roughly 10,000 people are seriously injured or killed in truck accidents in the United States. These severe truck accidents can be hazardous and leave victims with a lifetime of financial costs that are difficult to recover from.
Have you or a loved one been injured in a semi-truck accident in Springfield, Missouri? At Peterson & Associates, P.C., our 18-wheeler accident lawyers can help you get the compensation and justice you deserve for your injuries. Contact our Springfield personal injury law office to schedule a free consultation today.
You may be eligible for financial compensation if you have been injured in a truck accident. A Springfield 18-wheeler accident lawyer can help you get compensation and justice for your injuries.
At Peterson & Associates, P.C., our 18-wheeler accident attorneys have years of professional experience handling truck accident cases. We can help you get the compensation and justice you deserve. Contact our Springfield personal injury law firm today for a free case evaluation.
What is an 18-Wheeler Accident?
An 18-wheeler accident is a type of motor vehicle accident that occurs when a truck driver or passenger is involved in an accident. Trucks are large, heavy vehicles that are often used to transport cargo and goods. They travel on roads all over the world.
Trucks can cause serious accidents when they collide with other vehicles, pedestrians, or objects. When one of these collisions occurs, it can cause injury or death to victims. This is why it is important to know how to drive near trucks to avoid getting into a crash.
When a truck accident does occur, it can cause severe injuries to victims and damage to vehicles involved in the accident. It can also result in high repair or medical costs if there are any injuries or damage to property. These expenses can add up quickly if multiple people are injured, or a victim’s property is damaged beyond repair.
To prevent trucking accidents from occurring, it is essential to follow all safety rules and obey all traffic laws when driving and parking trucks.
What are the Causes of Truck Accidents in Springfield?
There are many causes of semi-truck accidents. The most common causes are:
- Excessive Speed: Excessive speeding is a significant cause of truck accidents in Springfield, Missouri. Speeding is dangerous because it increases the likelihood of a collision. Excessive speed increases the impact force, which causes more damage to a vehicle, resulting in more extreme injuries. Excessive speeding also makes it harder to stop, which increases the risk of an accident.
- Impaired Driving: Excessive alcohol consumption is a leading cause of truck accidents. Apart from alcohol, there are many other ways people become dangerously impaired, including prescription drug use and medical conditions that force a driver to become compromised while on the road. If you were injured in a truck accident caused by someone else’s impaired driving, you probably will be able to file a personal injury claim. Driving while impaired is a major cause of truck accidents, and in Missouri, it is illegal to drive with a blood-alcohol level of .08 or higher. If you get in an accident while driving under the influence, you could be charged with a DUI and lose your license. If you are convicted of DUI, you could face severe penalties, including jail time, fines, and your license being revoked or suspended. Truck drivers must also take a drug test before getting their commercial driver’s license (CDL). The consequences for failing this test can be severe if the individual has been convicted of DUI before.
- Drowsy Driving: Drowsy driving is a common cause of truck accidents in Springfield, Missouri. When drivers are tired, they may fall asleep at the wheel or have reduced attention and concentration. When drivers get behind the wheel while feeling fatigued, it increases the likelihood that an accident will occur because drowsiness makes it more difficult for drivers to be fully aware of their surroundings or react quickly enough to avoid collisions with other vehicles on the roadways.
- Failure to Yield: Failure to yield occurs when drivers do not yield the right-of-way as they should when approaching intersections or stop signs along roadways where no traffic lights are present. When drivers do not yield right-of-way, they put themselves and others in danger by approaching intersections too quickly. This creates a situation where truck drivers cannot avoid collisions with other vehicles at intersections due to limited visibility or poor weather conditions.
- Poor Visibility: Poor visibility is another major cause of truck accidents in Springfield. When drivers cannot see other vehicles and road conditions clearly, they are more likely to collide with others on the roadways and cause accidents.
- Improper Turns: Improper turns occur when drivers make wrong turns along roadways that can lead to an accident. If a driver makes an illegal turn at an intersection or does not follow traffic signals properly when turning into a parking lot, this could lead to an accident because the driver is not following proper traffic laws and safety practices as they should be doing while behind the wheel.
If you have been injured in a trucking accident in Springfield, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries. Our experienced Springfield truck accident attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you get the compensation and justice you deserve. We have several years of experience handling personal injury cases. Contact our Springfield personal injury law firm to schedule a free consultation to discuss your legal options.
What are the Types of Truck Accidents?
While all truck accidents are serious and should be avoided, some 18-wheeler accidents tend to result in more severe injuries. These include rear-end collisions, sideswipe collisions, and rollover accidents.
- Rear-End Collision: In a rear-end collision, the driver of one vehicle is in front of another vehicle traveling behind it. When the driver of the vehicle in front turns their steering wheel too sharply or drives too slow for the situation, they can cause their car to hit the vehicle behind them. This type of accident often results in serious injuries because it involves two vehicles moving at high speeds.
- Side Swiping: Side swiping occurs when one vehicle hits the side of another vehicle while traveling along a road with curves or blind spots. Side swiping is also often a result of speeding or driving too close to another vehicle with its turn signal on. When this happens, it can cause damage to both vehicles and potentially result in severe injuries to those in the vehicles.
- Rollover: Rollovers are another type of truck accident that can be very dangerous. If a tractor-trailer or another truck is moving at high speeds and hits a sharp corner or other objects on the road, it can start tipping over and rolling uncontrollably over the side of the road. Truck drivers must pay close attention to their surroundings to react quickly if something unexpected happens.
How Can I File a Personal Injury Claim in Springfield?
The first step in filing a personal injury claim is contacting an attorney who can handle your case. An attorney will be on your side and will be able to evaluate the details of your case and help you formulate a strategy for bringing about a personal injury claim. After you file a claim, the following steps are to gather evidence, negotiate with the other party, and, possibly, prepare for trial.
While it may not seem like a big deal to file a personal injury claim, it can have enormous consequences for you and your family. Your case could fall through the cracks if you do not have proper representation. You could be denied compensation or end up with a poor settlement.
If you are involved in an accident involving someone else’s careless, reckless, or negligent actions, you could be entitled to damages for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. These damages can go a long way toward helping you recover from an injury that would otherwise prevent you from working or enjoying your life to its fullest extent.
There are strict time limits in which you must file a truck accident claim, so it is essential to consult with a Springfield truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. A Springfield truck accident lawyer can help you navigate these complex legal proceedings. Our Springfield truck accident lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C., can help you get justice for your injuries. We have years of experience handling truck accident cases and filing personal injury claims for truck accident victims. Contact our Springfield law firm today for a free truck accident case evaluation.
What Type of Compensation is Available to 18-Wheeler Accident Victims in Springfield, Missouri?
When you are involved in an 18-wheeler accident, it is crucial to understand your rights. If you are injured, you may be eligible for compensation. The types of compensation available to truck accident victims in Springfield include:
- Lost Wages: Truck accident victims who cannot return to work after an accident can receive compensation from the truck driver’s insurance company or the trucking company for lost wages.
- Lost Earning Capacity: Truck accident victims who cannot return to work due to injuries can receive compensation from the trucking company for lost earnings capacity.
- Medical Bills: Truck accident victims may be eligible to receive reimbursement of medical bills incurred due to injuries. Medical bills may include hospital expenses, surgery, and any other medical costs you incur as a result of an 18-wheeler accident in Springfield.
- Pain and Suffering: Truck accident victims who suffer injuries that cause severe pain and suffering may be eligible for compensation from the truck driver’s insurance company or the trucking company. If your injuries are permanent or if you are permanently disfigured, you may be eligible for a lifetime of care benefits.
If you or someone you know has been involved in an 18-wheeler crash in Missouri, contact our Springfield personal injury law firm today for a free case evaluation. The experienced Springfield personal injury attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you get the justice you deserve and the compensation you need.
We have years of experience handling truck accident cases in Springfield, Missouri. We will help you navigate Missouri’s complex legal system and will help you get back on your feet while you focus on recovering.
How to Find the Right Springfield Truck Accident Lawyer
An experienced truck accident lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve. A personal injury attorney knows how to deal with insurance companies and how to get the most compensation out of insurance companies. There are several things that you should consider when looking for a good attorney.
First, make sure that they have experience dealing with truck accident claims. They should have dealt with similar cases in the past, so they know how to handle them. Next, look for someone willing to take on your case on a contingency fee bases. Also, make sure that they have an office in your area. That way, you can see them if you need help while your case is still ongoing.
Questions to Ask an 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer
Before working with a truck accident lawyer, you need to ask them the following questions to ensure they’re the right fit:
- Do you have any experience handling truck accident cases?
- Are you familiar with Missouri’s legal system?
- Do you have any previous clients I can contact?
- How will you help me win my case?
- How much do you charge?
- Do you operate on a contingency-fee-basis?
The truck accident attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C. have years of experience handling truck accident cases. We can help you get compensation and justice for your injuries.
Contact a Springfield 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer
You might be eligible for financial compensation if you were injured in a truck accident. A Springfield 18-wheeler accident lawyer can help you get justice for your injuries.
Our truck accident lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you get the compensation and justice you deserve for your injuries. We understand how traumatizing an accident is, so we want to help you fight for compensation while you focus on your recovery.
Contact a Springfield truck accident lawyer at Peterson & Associates, P.C. by calling (816) 837-5011 for a free case evaluation.
St Louis, MO – Injuries Reported in Auto Wreck on I-70 near MO-141
St Louis, MO – Injury Accident Reported on I-270 near MO-370
Meet the Attorneys of Peterson & Associates, P.C.
What Our Clients Are Saying
We are proud to establish long standing relationships with our clients and we pride ourselves on offering quality, personalized, confident representation to all of our clients.
Team did a great job resolving my injury case- Daniel G.
They were instrumental in saving my life.- Kathy
I’m a witness to how wonderful they are as a law firm.- Larry
Peterson & Associates, P.C. heard me and made sure I was not taken advantage of.- Lee
I would definitely recommend Peterson & Associates- Leesa
They get the job done- Theresa
Choosing Our Team
Many people that have been injured in car accidents are unsure of where to start with a legal claim. Our team of highly trained lawyers can help to review the details of your crash and guide you through the process. Below, learn more about the attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C., their results, and contingency fees.