Premises liability is the legal term for an accident or incident on your property. This includes everything from slipping on a wet floor to tripping over an electrical cord.
If you’ve been injured on someone else’s property in Springfield, Missouri, our Springfield premises liability attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you get the compensation and justice you deserve for your injuries.
We have handled several premises liability cases and would like to help you. Contact our Springfield personal injury law office today for a free initial consultation to discuss your legal options.
Have you or a loved one been injured on someone else’s property in Springfield, Missouri? You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Our Springfield premises liability lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you get the justice and compensation you deserve for your injuries. Contact our Springfield personal injury law office for a free consultation today.
What is Premises Liability?
Premises liability is a legal doctrine that holds landowners, landlords, and property managers liable for injuries or damages caused by their tenants or guests. The theory behind premises liability is that these entities are responsible for the safety of their properties and should be held accountable for any accidents on those properties.
If you’ve been injured in an accident at a rented property, you may have grounds to sue the landlord, property manager, or even the landowner. In many cases, negligence on the part of these third parties can lead to severe injury or even death.
If you’re interested in pursuing legal action against someone who may be liable for your injuries, it’s essential to speak with a Springfield premises liability lawyer as soon as possible.
Premises Liability Laws in Missouri
Premises liability laws in Missouri govern the liability of landowners, property owners, and business operators for injuries or damages that occur on their property.
In most cases, these entities are responsible for ensuring that their property is free from dangerous conditions that may cause injury or damage to others. Premises liability law in Missouri can be complex, and those injured by a defective property may need the help of a knowledgeable attorney. If you have been injured in a Missouri premises liability accident, contact a Springfield premises liability lawyer as soon as possible.
Causes of Premises Liability
If you’ve been injured on property owned by another person or entity, you may have legal recourse. There are many potential causes of liability that could lead to an injured person’s lawsuit, including:
- Negligence: If the property owner fails to take reasonable measures to protect visitors from harm, they may be liable for any injuries.
- Entrustment: If you enter the property assuming it is safe and then suffer injury, the owner may be held responsible.
- Breach of Warranty: If the owner advertises or represents their property in a way that is false or misleading, they may be held liable if someone suffers damage as a result.
- Conversion: If the owner uses their property in a way that renders it unfit for its intended use, they may be held liable if someone suffers damage.
Common Injuries That Occur During Premises Liabilities in Springfield
When you are involved in a premises liability incident, you may wonder what types of injuries can result. Here are some of the most common injuries that occur during premises liability incidents in Springfield:
- Spinal Cord Injuries: One of the most common and severe injuries associated with premises liability incidents is those involving the spinal cord. These types of injuries can occur when someone is at a property or business where there is a dangerous object, such as paint or chemicals, being used or stored. Injuries to the spine can result in permanent paralysis and loss of function. If you suffer from a debilitating injury due to an accident at a business or property, make sure to speak with a Springfield premises liability lawyer to understand your legal rights and options.
- Contact Dermatitis: Contact dermatitis is another common injury that can occur during premises liability incidents. This condition occurs when someone comes into contact with an irritant on the skin, such as latex or oil. Exposure to these irritants can cause inflammation and scaling of the skin. If you develop contact dermatitis after exposure to an irritant at a business or property, make sure to speak with a Springfield premises liability lawyer to learn your legal rights and options.
- Slip and Fall Injuries: slips and falls are another common type of injury that arises from premises liability incidents. Slips and falls can cause significant injuries. This is especially true if the fall itself is caused by a defect in the property or business that could have been prevented with proper upkeep, such as a broken stair. If you have been injured due to a slip and fall at a business or property, make sure to speak with a Springfield premises liability lawyer to determine your legal options.
- Brain Injuries: brain injuries can be severe and life-threatening. They can occur after someone sustains an injury that causes a disruption of the skull, such as being struck by an object, falling from high places, etc. If you have sustained an injury on someone else’s property due to their negligence, it is essential to get advice from a Springfield premises liability lawyer who is well-versed in Missouri’s premises liability laws.
If you have been injured on someone else’s property in Springfield, our personal injury attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can ensure you get the compensation and justice you deserve for your injuries.
Who is at Fault in a Premises Liability Case?
When it comes to injury or property damage, most people think of the person who caused the accident. But what about when someone is injured on someone else’s property? In Springfield, Missouri, premises liability can play a role in lawsuits involving injuries.
Premises liability laws state that landowners (like landlords and property owners) are responsible for injuries that occur on their property, even if they did not specifically create the hazard that caused the injury. This includes situations where a tenant is injured while playing on the landlord’s property or where a visitor to a property is injured by something on the property, like a faulty railing.
Landlords and other landowners can be held liable for damages caused by dangerous conditions on their property, like broken stairs that lead to falls or slippery surfaces that lead to accidents. If you’re hurt in Springfield, Missouri, because of someone else’s negligence, please don’t hesitate to contact an experienced premises liability lawyer.
How to Prove Liability in a Premises Liability Claim
If you have been injured in a fall at your workplace, you may be able to file a premises liability claim. To prove liability in this type of case, you will need to show that the defendant’s negligence caused your injury.
Here are some tips for proving liability in a premises liability claim in Springfield, Missouri:
First, gather evidence that shows the defendant was at fault. This may include eyewitness testimony or video footage from security cameras. Additionally, you may be able to collect evidence of how the accident occurred and what damage was done.
Second, make sure to document your injuries. This may include medical records and photographs. Also, keep track of all expenses incurred due to the accident, such as medical bills and lost wages.
Last, contact an experienced Springfield premises liability lawyer if you have any questions about filing a claim or about prosecuting a claim.
How Can I File a Premises Liability Lawsuit in Springfield?
If you have been injured in a fall at a business or residence in Springfield, Missouri, you may be able to file a premises liability lawsuit. A premises liability lawsuit can seek damages for injuries you sustained due to being on the property belonging to the business or residence.
In order to file a premises liability lawsuit in Springfield, you will need to gather evidence of your injury and the company’s negligence. You may also want to speak to an attorney about your legal rights. Our Springfield premises liability can help you file your premises liability claim. Contact our Springfield personal injury law office for a free case evaluation today.
Statute of Limitations on Premises Liability Claims in Springfield
You may be interested in exploring your legal options if you have been injured on someone else’s property. Springfield’s statute of limitations for premises liability claims is five years. This means you have five years from the date of the incident to file a claim. If the incident occurred more than five years ago, you might be unable to file a claim.
If you are within five years of the statute of limitations and believe that you have a claim, it is crucial to speak with an experienced Springfield premises liability lawyer at Peterson & Associates, P.C. Our lawyers can help you determine whether you have a valid claim and identify any defenses that your opponent may use.
Compensation Available to Premises Liability Victims in Springfield
You may be entitled to compensation if you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence. Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be able to receive money for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If you have been injured at a business or commercial property, speak with a Springfield premises liability lawyer to learn more about your legal rights.
Benefits of Hiring a Premises Liability Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in a fall at a business or private premise, you may be wondering what your legal rights are. You can maximize your chances of recovering compensation for your injuries by consulting with a Springfield premises liability lawyer.
Here are some of the benefits of hiring such a lawyer:
- A lawyer can help assess your case’s facts and advise you on what options are available to you.
- A lawyer can help negotiate a settlement with the business owner or operator.
- A lawyer can represent you in court if necessary.
- A lawyer can help protect your rights if the business owner or operator refuses to compensate you.
How to Find the Right Premises Liability Lawyer in Springfield
If you’ve been injured in a fall at a business or property, chances are you’ll need the help of a knowledgeable Springfield premises liability lawyer. Here’s how to find one:
- Check with your local Better Business Bureau. This organization can provide you with contact information for licensed premises liability lawyers in your area.
- Ask friends, family, and colleagues if they know of any legal resources or attorneys specializing in premises liability law.
- Google “premises liability lawyer Springfield MO” or “premises liability lawyer in Springfield, Missouri.” You should also check out online directories like FindLaw and Avvo to see if any attorneys have been recommended to you by other potential clients.
Questions to Ask a Springfield Premises Liability Lawyer Before Hiring Them
If you’re considering hiring a Springfield premises liability lawyer, there are a few essential questions you should ask them before making the decision. Here are five to get started:
- What experience do you have in this area of law?
- What cases have you successfully represented clients in the past?
- What do you believe is the most crucial factor in determining whether someone was at fault in an accident?
- How familiar are you with the law surrounding premises liability in Springfield, Missouri?
- How much will you charge for your services?
Contact a Springfield Premises Liability Lawyer
If you have been injured in a Springfield property accident, don’t wait to consult with a lawyer. A premises liability attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. This type of lawyer can help you determine whether the property owner or operator is at fault for your injuries and can take steps to protect your rights.
Our Springfield premises liability lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Contact a Springfield premises liability lawyer at our law office by calling (816) 837-5011 to get started on your case today.
What Our Clients Are Saying
We are proud to establish long standing relationships with our clients and we pride ourselves on offering quality, personalized, confident representation to all of our clients.
Team did a great job resolving my injury case- Daniel G.
They were instrumental in saving my life.- Kathy
I’m a witness to how wonderful they are as a law firm.- Larry
Peterson & Associates, P.C. heard me and made sure I was not taken advantage of.- Lee
I would definitely recommend Peterson & Associates- Leesa
They get the job done- Theresa
Choosing Our Team
Many people that have been injured in car accidents are unsure of where to start with a legal claim. Our team of highly trained lawyers can help to review the details of your crash and guide you through the process. Below, learn more about the attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C., their results, and contingency fees.