St Louis, MO – Injuries Reported in Auto Wreck on I-70 near MO-141
St Louis, MO – Injury Accident Reported on I-270 near MO-370
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck crash in Springfield, the first step is to contact a Springfield truck accidents lawyer at Peterson & Associates, P.C. We have several years of experience helping victims of truck accidents in Springfield, MO, get the compensation and justice they deserve for their injuries.
We can help you get maximum financial compensation for your injuries. Contact our Springfield personal injury law firm for a free case evaluation.
Have you or a loved one been injured in a truck crash in Springfield? You may be entitled to compensation. Our Springfield truck accident attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you get the compensation and justice you deserve for your injuries. Contact our Springfield personal injury law office for a free case evaluation.
What is a Truck Crash?
A truck crash is a serious car accident that can cause serious injuries. Truck crashes often involve large trucks, which are much heavier and have more horsepower than cars. This makes them much more likely to cause severe injuries in a crash.
If you are involved in a truck crash, it is crucial to seek the help of a truck crash lawyer as soon as possible. A truck crash lawyer can help you get the best possible settlement for your injuries.
Causes of Truck Crashes in Springfield
There are several factors that contribute to truck crashes in Springfield, MO. Some of these include:
- Distracted Driving: Staying on the phone while driving can be a distraction, but it is perilous if you are talking on your cell phone while traveling at highway speeds. Other drivers might not see you as they may also be distracted.
- Truck Driver Fatigue: The truck driver will suffer from fatigue if they are hauling an overweight load, is not taking regular breaks, or has little sleep.
- Collisions With Objects Such as Trees or Utility Poles: A truck driving too close to other vehicles, another object, or a pedestrian can result in a collision.
- Defective Vehicle Systems and Parts: Faulty airbag systems and faulty brakes are some of the many preventable causes of crashes that can have enormous consequences for people.
- Poor Road Conditions: A truck driver can experience a collision if they are driving on a road that is too rough, has excessive potholes, or is in poor condition.
- Driving Under the Influence: A drunk driver may have an accident while driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. This could result in severe injuries and property damage. A drunk driving lawyer can help you recover damages for your injuries and losses caused by the crash.
- Speeding: A truck driver’s speed can be the cause of a crash. If the truck driver is speeding, it could result in a severe accident. Speeding increases the risk of a crash, especially if the driver is speeding above the speed limit. Driving at excessive speeds can decrease the driver’s reaction time, limit the driver’s ability to stop the vehicle, and increase the distance needed to stop the truck. It may seem like a short trip, but speeding increases the risk of a crash.
Common Injuries Suffered in a Trucking Accident
You may be entitled to compensation if you or a loved one has suffered an injury in a trucking accident. This is especially true if the trucking company was at fault. Injuries that commonly occur in trucking accidents include:
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Spinal cord injuries are common in trucking accidents. If a person is thrown from the truck, for example, it can cause damage to the spinal cord. This can result in physical and neurological disabilities, including paralysis that keeps the person from being able to walk or perform everyday tasks. This type of injury is permanent and requires lifelong care.
- Back Injuries: Back injuries are another common injury in trucking accidents. A back injury may occur if a person falls off of a vehicle or if the driver hits something while driving. Back injuries often require surgery and ongoing care.
- Brain Injuries: Brain injuries can occur in trucking accidents as well. If the driver hits their head on something like the steering wheel, they can suffer a traumatic brain injury (TBI). This type of brain injury may lead to cognitive impairment that prevents them from performing everyday tasks like talking or walking properly.
- Internal Organ Injuries: A truck can be a dangerous place for internal organs, including the heart and liver. If an accident occurs, internal organs may be damaged. This can result in serious health problems such as organ failure or death.
If you have been injured in a trucking accident, it is essential to seek the help of a Springfield truck accident lawyer as soon as possible.
What to Do After a Truck Accident
If you or a loved one was involved in a truck accident, there are many important things to think about. Here are some tips to help you manage the aftermath:
- Call your insurance company as soon as possible. Tell them what happened and whether any property was damaged. Your insurance company may offer to pay for damages or ask you to file a claim.
- Get medical attention if you are injured in the crash. If you have minor injuries, you can probably treat them at the scene. However, you should go to the hospital immediately if you have significant injuries.
- File a police report. This will help the authorities determine who is responsible for the accident and whether any laws were violated.
- Contact your trucking company. You should contact them and explain what happened. It would be best if you also asked for their help resolving the issue.
Who is at Fault in a Truck Accident?
A truck accident can be devastating for both the driver and passengers. If you are injured in a truck accident, it is vital to know who is at fault. In most cases, the driver is at fault. However, there can be exceptions.
If you are injured in a truck accident and believe that someone else is at fault, you may want to speak with a Springfield truck accident lawyer. The following are some factors that can determine who is at fault in a truck accident:
- If the truck was traveling over the speed limit
- If the truck was driving erratically
- If the driver was tired or under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Each of these factors can lead to an individual being more likely to be at fault in a wreck. If you have been injured in a truck accident, it is crucial to speak with an experienced lawyer to determine your legal rights and options.
How to Prove Liability in a Truck Accident Case
If you are involved in a truck accident, the first thing you should do is call 911. If the other party is not injured and does not need medical assistance, you may want to speak with them to try and determine what happened.
If someone was injured in the accident, it is essential to document what occurred and who was involved. First, take down the names of everyone involved in the accident. Next, take pictures of the scene of the accident and any vehicles that were damaged.
Finally, gather any paperwork that has to do with your claims, such as your driver’s license, insurance policy, and registration documents. Once you have gathered all your information, you will need to start compiling a case against the person or company responsible for your truck accident. You should contact a Springfield truck accident lawyer to help collect evidence and build your case.
Statute of Limitations on a Truck Accident Claim in Springfield
Many people do not realize that Missouri has a statute of limitations on truck accident claims. If you are injured in a truck accident in Missouri, you have a limited time to file a lawsuit. The statute of limitations is five years from the date of the accident. If you have exceeded the five-year limit, your lawsuit will be considered barred by res judicata. This means that the court will not allow you to bring any further claims in relation to the same accident.
If you have been injured in a truck accident in Springfield, it is important to speak with an experienced Springfield truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. Doing so can maximize your chances of receiving fair compensation for your injuries. Contact our personal injury law firm for a free case evaluation.
Compensation Available to Truck Accident Victims
When a truck accident results in a personal injury, the injured party may be entitled to damages. These damages can include medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses. In addition to these financial losses, truck accident victims may also receive compensation for pain and suffering.
If you have been in a crash with a commercial truck, you may also be entitled to particular compensation from the federal government. The Federal Tort Claims Act allows injured parties to file claims against companies involved in a truck accident for any damages caused by another party’s negligence.
Our lawyers have several years of experience handling personal injury claims and ensuring that negligent trucking companies face justice. We will handle your case while you focus on your recovery.
What are the Benefits of Hiring a Springfield Truck Accident Lawyer?
No one wants to be in a car accident, but the legal process can be daunting for those who are. If you’re injured in a truck accident, your Springfield truck accident lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Here are some of the benefits of hiring a truck accident lawyer:
- A Springfield truck accident lawyer can help you understand the complex legal system and how it works concerning truck accidents. This understanding will allow you to make informed decisions about your case and protect your rights.
- A Springfield truck accident lawyer can provide expert legal counsel during negotiations with insurance companies. They know how to push for the best possible settlement for their clients, which can help cover medical expenses, lost wages, and more.
- A Springfield truck accident lawyer can provide emotional support throughout your legal process. They understand the importance of getting justice for those hurt in a truck accident and will do everything they can to help you achieve that goal.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident in Springfield, our experienced Springfield truck accident attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you get the compensation and justice you deserve for your injuries. Contact us for a free case evaluation.
Questions to Ask a Springfield Truck Accident Lawyer Before Hiring Them
You may be wondering what to do next if you or a loved one has been injured in a Springfield truck accident. Here are some questions you may want to ask a truck accident lawyer before hiring them:
- What experience do you have with truck accidents?
- Have you ever represented someone in a truck accident lawsuit? If so, what results did you achieve?
- Are you familiar with the laws in Missouri involving truck accidents?
- Can you provide an estimate of the costs I may incur if I file a lawsuit against the other driver?
- Will you represent me regardless of the outcome of the lawsuit?
- How confident are you that I will be able to win my case?
- Can you provide me with references from past clients?
- What is your hourly rate?
- Are there any additional fees that I need to know about?
Contact a Springfield Truck Accident Attorney
Our Springfield truck accident lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. understand the seriousness of a truck accident. A truck can be a massive and dangerous machine, and if you’re involved in a collision with one, you need the best legal representation possible.
Our personal injury attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can provide you with the legal support you need to make a claim and get the compensation you deserve. If you have been injured in a truck accident, you need to contact a Springfield truck accident lawyer by calling (816) 837-5011 for a free consultation.
St Louis, MO – Injuries Reported in Auto Wreck on I-70 near MO-141
St Louis, MO – Injury Accident Reported on I-270 near MO-370
Meet the Attorneys of Peterson & Associates, P.C.
What Our Clients Are Saying
We are proud to establish long standing relationships with our clients and we pride ourselves on offering quality, personalized, confident representation to all of our clients.
Team did a great job resolving my injury case- Daniel G.
They were instrumental in saving my life.- Kathy
I’m a witness to how wonderful they are as a law firm.- Larry
Peterson & Associates, P.C. heard me and made sure I was not taken advantage of.- Lee
I would definitely recommend Peterson & Associates- Leesa
They get the job done- Theresa
Choosing Our Team
Many people that have been injured in car accidents are unsure of where to start with a legal claim. Our team of highly trained lawyers can help to review the details of your crash and guide you through the process. Below, learn more about the attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C., their results, and contingency fees.