Have you or a loved one been in an auto accident? Peterson & Associates, P.C. has a team of car accident lawyers in Springfield that are prepared to help you with your case. We have a successful track record helping accident victims collect the compensation they deserve.
We understand that it can be a long and frustrating fight for justice after being injured in a car crash. With our seasoned accident firm on your side, you can overcome the hurdles standing in the way of justice. Our Springfield car accident attorneys handle everything from motorcycle accidents to pedestrian injury claims.
Why Choose Our Lawyers?
- Over $500 million Collected for Our Clients*
- No Fees Unless We Collect Compensation for You!
- Selection for Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers® for Over 15 Years
- The AV Preeminent® Rating for Ethical Standards & Legal Ability
- Compassionate, Strong Advocacy That Never Gives Up
Peterson & Associates, P.C. can review your car accident claim today. Call 816-888-8888 or email us for a free case evaluation.
Causes of an Auto Collision
There are many factors which can cause an auto collision, from DUI to texting and driving.
If any of the following factors contributed to your car crash, call our firm:
- Defective automobile parts
- Maintenance issues
- Aggressive driving
- Poor road design
- Driver impairment
- Any other type of negligence
Don’t wait to get the trusted representation you need for your case. With a proven history of claims success, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is here to fight for compensation on your behalf.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident
A car crash can be a hectic and emotional time for those involved. While many people think they know what to do following an accident, the nature of an accident means it comes unexpectedly. When injuries occur and adrenaline is high, it can be challenging to remember.
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, take these steps immediately:
- Call for Help: If you’ve been involved in a car crash, call 911 for emergency assistance immediately. If possible, do not move vehicles until the police arrive. Allow emergency responders to assess the situation and create an accident report.
- Talk to Witnesses: Often, witnesses to an accident will pull over to offer assistance. Gather names and contact information of those who saw the accident occur. You’ll also want to gather the information of other drivers in the accident, including name, contact information, driver’s license number, and insurance information.
- Take Pictures: Taking pictures of the scene of an accident can help you remember exactly what occurred. Using your cell phone or camera, take photos of the actual damage to cars, traffic lights, the entire scene, skid marks, and anything else that may help.
- Get Medical Attention: From whiplash to spinal cord damage, car accident injuries can be severe. Make sure you get medical attention right away if you’ve been severely injured. Even if you don’t feel like you got hurt, consider seeing a doctor for a check-up.
- Obtain a Police Report: The responding agency, whether it be state or local, will fill out an accident report which details their findings. You or your lawyer can check with the appropriate agencies to obtain a police report.
What Does a Police Report Include?
There are some important things to remember when filing your police report after a car accident. An accident report created by the police officer who responds to your car accident typically includes:
- Date, time, and location the accident occurred
- Vehicle descriptions and description of what occurred
- Diagram or photos of the accident scene and damages sustained
- Names of drivers, witnesses, and property owners involved
- Contact information for those injured and a description of their injuries
- Information detailing the weather and road conditions
Even in cases where the damage is only minimal, it is important to make sure an accident report is filed. This can serve as an important piece of evidence when trying to create a strong case or claim.
Why Call Our Springfield Car Accident Lawyers?
Many people assume that a car accident claim is straightforward. All they have to do is file a claim with the insurance company and the rest will take care of itself. Unfortunately, car accident cases aren’t always resolved this easily. You could be dealing with property damage, extensive medical bills, the loss of a loved one, and much more.