Have you or a loved one been injured in a rideshare accident in Springfield, Missouri? You may be entitled to compensation.
Our Springfield rideshare accident lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you get the compensation and justice you deserve for your injuries. Contact our Springfield personal injury law firm for a free case evaluation today.
Springfield is one of the most densely populated cities in Missouri. The city has a population of around 165,000 people, and because of this, numerous traffic collisions occur daily. These collisions can result in severe injuries for both passengers and drivers.
Ridesharing has grown in popularity and has eased commuting and traveling for many residents and guests of Springfield. Uber and Lyft have simplified ridesharing by making it easy to book a ride with an app. However, accidents sometimes happen, and victims of Uber or Lyft accidents are often confused, not knowing how to get compensation for their injuries.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an Uber or Lyft accident in Springfield, you may be entitled to compensation. Our Springfield rideshare accident lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you get the compensation and justice you deserve for your injuries.
What is a Rideshare Accident?
When you use a rideshare service like Uber or Lyft, you trust that the driver you’re getting into the car with is qualified and has a proper license and insurance. Unfortunately, accidents can happen–and if you’ve sustained injuries in one, you may be entitled to compensation.
If you’re injured in a rideshare accident, don’t hesitate to contact an experienced Springfield rideshare accident lawyer at our Springfield personal injury law office. Our team can provide you with legal advice on your rights and how to receive compensation from the at-fault party who caused your injuries.
Causes of Rideshare Accidents in Springfield
When using rideshare services like Uber or Lyft, it’s important to be aware of the risks involved. Rideshare accidents can happen for various reasons and can leave you with serious injuries.
Don’t hesitate to seek legal assistance if you’re in an accident involving a rideshare service. Some of the most common causes of rideshare accidents in Springfield, Missouri, include:
- Driver Error: Driver error is one of the more frequent causes of rideshare accidents. Drivers can get lost or distracted, leading to collisions.
- Mechanical Failures: Rideshare services rely on technology, and sometimes that technology can fail. This can lead to accidents when the cars suddenly stop working or go out of control.
- Driving While Impaired by Drugs or Alcohol: Rideshare companies rely on sober drivers who can operate a vehicle safely. People driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol are putting themselves and other drivers in danger.
- Poorly Maintained Vehicles: Rideshare companies require drivers to use properly functioning vehicles, but these vehicles are often not in the best condition. Car accidents often occur when a driver crashes their vehicle because it has not been maintained properly.
- Dangerous Road Conditions: Roads in Springfield can be dangerous due to snow, rain, or ice, making it difficult for drivers to see and avoid obstacles on the road.
- Poor Passenger Safety: Many passengers in Springfield often do not follow safety guidelines when riding in a rideshare car. For example, many passengers do not buckle their seat belts. These passengers can fall out of the car when the driver unexpectedly turns or swerves to avoid an obstacle on the road.
Common Injuries Suffered by Victims of Uber and Lyft Accidents
The most common types of injuries suffered by victims of rideshare accidents include:
- Broken Bones: Broken bones are a common injury in any car accident, but they are particularly common in rideshare accidents. This is because the vehicle’s passenger area is not designed to be impact-resistant. Therefore, a driver who crashes into another car or an obstacle may send passengers flying through the air and into any hard surface they come into contact with.
- Bruising and Lacerations: The lack of safety features in rideshare vehicles make them more likely to cause bruising and lacerations than other vehicles. If a passenger falls out of their seat during an accident, for example, their body can hit hard surfaces in the vehicle or on the road causing bruising and lacerations.
- Internal Injuries: Internal injuries from rideshare accidents can be just as serious as broken bones and lacerations. These internal injuries can include organ damage and internal bleeding.
- Head Injuries: Head injuries are among the most severe types resulting from motor vehicle collisions. Head injury victims may suffer from conditions such as traumatic brain injury (TBI), concussion, skull fracture, or other head trauma.
- Neck Pain: The neck is one of the body’s most vulnerable areas, and rideshare vehicles do not have any safety features to protect a passenger’s neck during an accident. Therefore, a passenger who sustains a neck injury in an accident involving a rideshare vehicle may experience conditions such as whiplash.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Spinal cord injuries can be severe and even result in paralysis. Depending upon the severity of the spinal cord injury, this condition may require months or years of physical therapy and rehabilitation.
If you have been injured in a rideshare accident, it is crucial to seek medical treatment for your injuries as soon as possible. You should also consider contacting an experienced Springfield personal injury attorney specializing in rideshare accidents to help you determine what legal options are available to you if you suffered serious injuries due to your accident.
What to Do After a Rideshare Accident
If you have been injured in a rideshare accident, you should do a few things to protect your legal rights. First and foremost, get medical attention for any injuries you may have sustained. If the other driver was at fault, they might be liable for your medical expenses.
Next, gather as much information about the accident as possible. This includes the drivers’ names, the vehicles’ make and model, and the contact information of any witnesses who may have seen what happened.
Finally, if you were passengers in the other vehicle, get legal advice from an attorney. They can help you understand your rights and how to proceed with filing a claim against the driver who was at fault. The well-versed Springfield rideshare accident attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you secure the compensation you need to move on and recover.
Who is at Fault in a Rideshare Accident?
Rideshare companies such as Uber and Lyft require their drivers to carry commercial insurance coverage.
However, it is still possible that you could be injured in a collision with an uninsured or underinsured driver. In this case, because the driver was acting as a business, you may be able to hold them liable for your medical expenses and pain and suffering in a personal injury claim.
If you were injured in a rideshare accident, you have legal rights. Speak with an experienced Springfield rideshare accident lawyer at Peterson & Associates, P.C. to learn more about your rights and what steps you can take to protect them.
How to Prove Liability in a Rideshare Accident
If you have been injured in a rideshare accident, you may be wondering what steps you need to take to prove the at-fault party’s liability. In general, proving liability in a rideshare accident involves demonstrating that the driver of the vehicle was at fault for the crash.
Several factors can help you make this determination, including eyewitness testimony, video evidence, and physical evidence. If you believe that you were injured in a rideshare accident, it is important to speak with an experienced Springfield rideshare accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact Peterson & Associates, P.C. for a free case evaluation.
How Can I File a Rideshare Accident Claim in Springfield?
If you have been injured in a Springfield rideshare accident, you may be wondering what steps to take to protect your rights. In some cases, you may be able to file a claim with the insurance company that was involved in the accident.
However, if the accident was caused by someone or something else, you may be eligible to file a separate personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party. Here are some steps you can take to ensure you have the best chance of winning your case:
- Contact an Accident Lawyer as Soon as Possible: The first step is to contact an attorney as soon as possible. An attorney can help you understand your rights and options following the accident.
- Collect Evidence: After contacting an attorney, it is vital to gather all evidence related to the accident. This includes witness statements, medical records, and video or photographic evidence.
- Create a Timeline: It is also important to create a timeline of events leading up to the accident. This will help your attorney build a case against the other party responsible for causing the accident.
You may be entitled to compensation if you have been injured in a car accident involving an Uber or Lyft driver. The Springfield rideshare accident lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you file a claim and get the money you deserve.
Statute of Limitations on Rideshare Accident Claims in Missouri
If you have been injured in a rideshare accident in Missouri, you have five years to file a claim for your injuries.
If you are injured in a Springfield rideshare accident, contact an experienced Springfield Lyft rideshare accident lawyer at Peterson & Associates, P.C. to discuss your case and explore potential options for recovering damages. We offer free case evaluations.
Compensation Available to Rideshare Accident Victims in Springfield
You may be entitled to compensation if you have been injured in a rideshare accident in Springfield. There are a number of factors that can affect your right to recover compensation in a Springfield rideshare accident. You may be able to recover damages for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
If you have been hurt in an accident involving a rideshare driver, you must speak with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. The personal injury attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you navigate the intricacies of a rideshare accident claim so you can get the compensation you need and the justice you deserve.
Benefits of Working with a Rideshare Accident Lawyer
Springfield, Missouri is a city rich in history and culture. It’s also home to a large population of people who utilize rideshare services like Uber and Lyft. As a result, Springfield has seen its share of rideshare accidents.
If you’ve been injured in one, don’t hesitate to contact a Springfield rideshare accident lawyer. Here are some benefits of working with one:
- A Springfield rideshare accident lawyer will have experience dealing with shared rides accidents. They will know how to investigate the accident and work with the insurance company to get you the best possible settlement.
- A Springfield rideshare accident lawyer will be able to file all paperwork on time and in an efficient manner.
- A knowledgeable attorney will be able to get you a more significant compensation payout than if you decided to pursue a claim on your own.
- Working with a Springfield car accident lawyer can help build your case if you are involved in an accident. They will know how to present your case to get you the best possible settlement for your injuries.
Contact a Springfield Rideshare Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in a Springfield Rideshare Accident, you should contact an experienced Springfield rideshare accident lawyer as soon as possible. A rideshare accident can be serious, and the consequences can be far-reaching.
At Peterson & Associates, P.C., we understand the importance of a rideshare accident case. We will work tirelessly to get you the maximum compensation possible for your injuries.
If you have been involved in a Springfield Rideshare Accident, contact a Springfield rideshare accident lawyer at our law office by calling 816-888-8888 for a free case evaluation. We will take care of everything necessary to ensure you receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.