The Deadly Stats of Distracted Driving [Infographic]
Understanding The Dangers of Distracted Driving
Distracted driving has become one of the leading causes of car accident deaths. This infographic illustrates the impact it has had on motor vehicle crashes as well as the most common ways drivers are distracted.
Car Crash Deaths in 2018
- 2,841 - Number of total deaths caused by distracted drivers
- 400 - Number of pedestrians killed in distracted driving crashes
- 77 - Number of bicyclists killed in distracted driving crashes.
- 23,000 - Number of people who died in distracted driving crashes between 2012 and 2018.
- 9% - Percentage of fatal crashes that involved distracted drivers in the past 7 years.
Most Common Distracted Driving Behaviors
- Texting/talking on the phone
- Adjusting the radio
- Grooming/applying makeup
Hurt in a Car Accident? We Can Help.
If you or a loved one has sustained an injury as a result of a car accident, is here to help. Insurance companies are notorious for doling out low-ball settlements and we won’t back down until we get you the maximum compensation that you deserve. Our skilled personal injury attorneys are here to answer all your questions and help you through the legal process.
Call Peterson & Associates, P.C.today at (816) 298-8708 to speak with an attorney about your potential case. We are offering consultations via phone, email, and video conferencing for your convenience.