Florissant, MO (November 16, 2022) – Authorities were called to the scene of a traffic accident late Saturday evening that claimed the life of one woman on November 12, calls for assistance came into the St. Louis County Police Department regarding a crash on Halls Ferry Road.
Just before midnight, a Buick LaCrosse was traveling on Halls Ferry Road when the vehicle crossed into the southbound lanes of traffic near Vaile Avenue. As a result, the vehicle collided with a Hyundai Sonata.
The driver of the Hyundai, 45-year-old Laquita Gandy, was severely injured. She was rushed to an area hospital, where she passed away the next day.
At this time, the St. Louis County Police Department is investigating.
Our condolences are with the family of Laquita Gandy at this time.
Fatal Car Accidents in Missouri
Vehicle crashes in Missouri take the lives of more than a thousand people annually. Unfortunately, a significant number of these accidents are a result of drivers who pass over the centerline of travel. These accidents often lead to head-on collisions and can be incredibly devastating.
There are several factors that increase the likelihood of drivers crossing over the centerlines with their vehicles and striking others. These include:
- Distracted driving: Drivers who are distracted are more likely to cross the centerline. Common distractions include talking on the phone, texting, eating, drinking, adjusting the radio, and talking to passengers.
- Fatigued driving: Drivers who are tired may have trouble staying in their lane. Drowsy driving is especially dangerous because it can happen suddenly.
- Intoxicated driving: Alcohol and drugs impair your ability to drive safely. Even over-the-counter medications can affect your reaction time and coordination.
- Poor road conditions: If the road is slippery or has sharp turns, it can be easy to drift into oncoming traffic.
- Speeding: Fast drivers may not have time to react if someone crosses into their lane unexpectedly. Speeding makes it more likely that you’ll lose control of your car altogether if you have to swerve or brake suddenly.
- If your loved one has died as a result of a fatal car accident caused by a driver’s careless or negligent actions, a wrongful death lawyer in St. Louis can help you seek financial compensation for the damages that you face.
Following the loss of your loved one, our St. Louis car accident lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. will help your family aggressively pursue legal action against the person who is responsible. Our team will fight to ensure you are able to secure the maximum amount of financial compensation for funeral costs, burial expenses, and a variety of other damages that you face. Our lawyers can meet with you for a free consultation to get started at your earliest convenience contact our team today at 816-888-8888.
Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.
Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.