Nevada, MO (November 6, 2022) – A traffic accident took place in Vernon County that resulted in injuries. On November 5, the Missouri State Highway Patrol responded to a crash on US Highway 54.
At around 7:05 p.m., a crash involving a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup truck and a 2016 Ford F150 pickup truck occurred on US Highway 54 just five miles west of Nevada, Missouri. The incident caused delays in the area. The Ford had to be towed from the scene of the accident as a result of the damage it suffered.
A passenger inside the Ford, 81-year-old Karol Quackenbush, suffered injuries in the crash. She was transported by ambulance to Nevada Regional Medical Center, where she underwent emergency care.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol is investigating the collision at this time.
We hope Karol Quackenbush recovers quickly following this crash
Car Accidents in Missouri
A car crash can change your life forever. Regrettably, more than 130,000 accidents were reported in 2020 in the state of Missouri. These accidents have left tens of thousands of people injured. Every year, we see countless people suffer debilitating injuries due to negligent drivers. There are many factors that can contribute to a car crash, but some of the leading causes in Missouri include:
- Distracted driving: This can include anything from texting on a cell phone while driving to eating or drinking while behind the wheel.
- Speeding: Going even a few miles over the speed limit can increase your chances of being involved in a serious and life-changing collision.
- Impaired driving: Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is never a good idea, and can lead to tragic consequences.
- Weather conditions: slick roads from rain, ice, or snow can make it difficult to control your vehicle.
If you have been injured as a result of another person’s negligence, a Nevada car accident lawyer can help you file a legal claim. After being hurt in a motor vehicle accident that was caused by negligence, you may be able to pursue damages. Finding a legal claim can help you recover compensation for some of the costs and losses you face. These include:
- Medical expenses to cover your hospitalization and surgery fees.
- Long-term care costs for therapy and rehabilitation.
- Lost wages due to taking time off work to recover from your injuries.
- Lost earning capacity if you have been left permanently disabled.
- The cost to replace or repair your vehicle.
- Any pain and suffering that you have experienced from your crash.
Our personal injury lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you seek the maximum amount of compensation for these and other damages that you face as a result of your accident. Our team will take the legal work off your shoulders and investigate the crash. Will gather evidence for you and demand timely compensation to make sure you have the money you need to cover these costs. Schedule a consultation with our team today at 816-888-8888 to get started.
Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.
Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.