St Charles, MO (November 24, 2022) – A traffic accident reported in St. Charles County left one woman injured. At around 5:25 p.m., November 22, troopers with the Missouri State Highway Patrol responded to the scene of a crash on Missouri State Route 370.
According to reports, a 2004 Kia Optima and a 2006 Ford F150 pickup truck collided on the eastbound side of Missouri State Route 370 near Highway 94. Both vehicles were totaled as a result of the collision.
A passenger in the Kia, 47-year-old Pamela Walker of Moscow Mills, Missouri, suffered moderate injuries in the crash. She was transported by ambulance to SSM Health Depot Hospital, where she underwent emergency care.
The incident remains under investigation.
We hope Pamela Walker is able to recover quickly following this accident.
Car Accidents in Missouri
Each year, we see countless innocent people suffer debilitating injuries as a result of crashes that occur here in the state of Missouri. Many of these accidents leave victims with spinal cord fractures, traumatic brain injuries, and even severe broken bones. Regrettably, the majority of accidents that occur are preventable. There are several factors that contribute to the high number of auto accidents that take place in our state each year. Some of the leading causes include:
- Distracted driving. This can include anything from talking on the phone to eating or drinking while driving. When your attention is not focused on the road, it increases your chances of being involved in an accident.
- Going over the speed limit or even driving too fast for conditions (like wet or icy roads) is a major factor in accidents. You’re less likely to be able to stop or avoid an obstacle if you’re going too fast.
- Drunk driving. Driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs significantly impacts your judgment and reaction time. This can make it much more likely that you’ll be involved in an accident.
- Drowsy driving. Being tired can make it difficult to focus on the road and react quickly if something unexpected happens. That’s why it’s important to get enough rest before getting behind the wheel.
- Weather conditions. Bad weather, like rain and even ice, can make it harder to see and navigate the road, increasing your chances of being in an accident.
If you’ve been harmed as a result of a crash that was caused by the careless or reckless actions of another motorist, a St. Charles car accident lawyer can help you seek financial compensation for the damages you face.
Our personal injury lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you seek compensation for the damages and losses you face. Our team will compile evidence from various sources and build a strong case on your behalf. We will demand timely compensation to make sure you have the money that you need and deserve.
Schedule a free consultation by reaching out to our personal injury lawyers today at 816-888-8888.
Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.
Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.