Callaway, MO (October 7, 2022) – A traffic incident reported in Callaway County Census 79-year-old man to a local hospital with serious injuries. On October 5, the Missouri State Highway Patrol was notified that a collision occurred on Missouri State Route 94.
At around 11 a.m., a head-on collision between a John Deere in the 2006 Ford F1 50 pickup truck took place on the westbound side of Missouri State Route 94 just east of County Road 453. The accident left the Ford with damage that required her to be towed from the scene.
The driver of the Ford, 79-year-old Joseph Debrodie suffered injuries in the accident. He was transported by Missouri University air to University Hospital, where he underwent emergency treatment for serious injuries.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol is investigating the crash at this time.
Our thoughts are with Joseph Debrodie as we hope for his full recovery.
Car Accidents in Missouri
Crashes take place daily in the state of Missouri that have a negative impact on the lives of those involved. Unfortunately, we see many innocent people suffer injuries as a result of drivers who engage in acts of negligence. Some of the leading causes of vehicle collisions that we see here in our state include:
- Distracted driving: This can encompass anything from eating or drinking while driving, to fiddling with the radio, to sending texts or emails. Any activity that takes your attention away from the road is considered distracted driving, and it’s a major contributing factor to accidents.
- Speeding: Speed are designed to help keep drivers and pedestrians safe. When drivers exceed the posted limit, they’re putting themselves and others at risk. Speeding is often a factor in serious and fatal accidents.
- Driving under the influence: It’s never a good idea to get behind the wheel after drinking alcohol or taking drugs. Driving while impaired impairs your judgment, reaction time, and coordination – all of which are essential for safe driving.
- Reckless driving: This can include anything from tailgating to weaving between lanes of travel. Reckless driving is dangerous and often leads to accidents.
- Aggressive driving includes behaviors such as tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, making improper passes, and cutting off other drivers. These actions not only put the aggressive driver at risk of getting into an accident, but they also put other innocent drivers at risk as well.
If you’ve been hurt due to an auto collision that was caused by the careless or negligent actions of another motorist, a car accident lawyer in Callaway can help you get justice.
Our lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can meet with you for free consultation at your earliest convenience. Our team will help to educate you with regard to your rights as a victim and fight to get you justice. Contact our law firm today at 816-888-8888 to get started.
Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.
Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.