Cole, MO (October 2, 2022) – A traffic collision took place in Cole County that left a 23-year-old woman injured. Just before 7:15 a.m., on September 30, troopers with the Missouri State Highway Patrol were called to the scene of a crash on US Highway 50.
According to reports provided by Sgt. AR Sullivan, a collision between a 2021 Ford Bronco in a 2011 Honda Odyssey occurred on the eastbound side of US Highway 50 near Big Horn Drive. Both vehicles sustained significant damage and had to be towed from the site of the crash.
The driver of the Ford, 23-year-old Abigail Zoellner, of Jefferson City, Missouri, was injured in the crash. Zoellner was transported to SSM St. Mary’s Hospital for further treatment.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol has initiated a crash investigation.
Our thoughts are with Abigail Zoellner as we hope for her full recovery.
Car Accidents in Missouri
Motor vehicle accidents are one of the leading causes of accidental death and injuries in the state of Missouri. Each year, more than 60,000 people are hurt, and more than 1000 people are killed as a result of traffic collisions that take place in our state.
Quite often, these accidents are caused by drivers who engage in acts of negligence. Leading causes of collisions across our state include:
- Distracted driving: This has become one of the biggest problems on the roads in recent years, as more and more drivers are using their phones or other electronic devices while behind the wheel.
- Drunk driving: This is another major problem in Missouri, as drunk drivers account for a significant percentage of all car accidents.
- Speeding: Fast driving is dangerous driving, and it is a major contributing factor to many car accidents.
- Weather Conditions: Inclement weather can make driving conditions more hazardous, which can lead to car accidents. Ice, snow, and rain can make roads slick and slippery, while high winds can make it difficult to control your vehicle.
- Poor road conditions: Debris, potholes, and other hazards can cause accidents if you’re not careful.
- Animals: Missouri is home to a variety of wildlife, and it’s not uncommon for animals to dart out into the road. Be especially cautious when driving in rural areas or at night, when visibility is more limited.
If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident that was caused by another person’s negligence, there is a good chance that you will have to deal with overwhelming pain and suffering from injuries. Unfortunately, we see many people left with traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and severely broken bones due to vehicle collisions in our state.
If you have suffered injuries due to another driver’s negligence, a car accident lawyer in Cole can help you file a personal injury claim against them.
Our personal injury lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. have extensive experience helping injured parties seek financial compensation after being hurt in motor vehicle accidents. We can help you get the money you need for radical costs, lost wages, and more. Contact our law firm today at 816-888-8888 to get started on your case.
Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.
Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.