Darksville, MO (October 7, 2022) – A traffic collision reported in Randolph County left one 23-year-old man seriously injured. On October 5, authorities responded to the scene of a collision that took place on Route C.
At around 8:55 a.m., a collision between the 1999 Chevrolet Malibu and a 2007 Peterbilt tractor-trailer took place on the southbound side of Route C just one mile north of Darksville, Missouri.
The Chevrolet then went off the left side of the roadway. The Chevrolet was totaled as a result of the crash.
The driver of the Chevrolet, 23-year-old Vincent Brummer of Bevier, Missouri, suffered serious injuries. Brummer was transported by Randolph County ambulance to Moberly Regional Medical Center, where he underwent emergency care.
The crash remains under investigation at this time.
Car Accidents in Missouri
Each year, tens of thousands of innocent people are hospitalized with injuries following crashes that take place right here in the state of Missouri. While any type of car accident can be devastating, some are caused by factors that are entirely preventable. Here are some of the most common contributing factors to vehicle crashes in Missouri:
- Distracted driving. With so many devices and distractions competing for our attention these days, it’s no wonder that distracted driving is on the rise. Using a cell phone while driving, whether it’s for texting, emailing, or even just talking, is one of the most dangerous things you can do behind the wheel.
- Drunk driving. Drunk driving is another leading cause of vehicle collisions in Missouri. Driving while impaired can significantly impact your ability to maintain control of your vehicle in order to avoid a crash.
- Speed limits are set for a reason – to keep drivers safe. But far too many people choose to ignore them, resulting in collisions. Drivers who are speeding are often unable to maintain control of their vehicles around curved roadways and in heavy traffic conditions.
- Weather conditions. Missouri is known for its extreme weather, from severe thunderstorms and tornadoes to ice and snow in the winter. These conditions can make driving dangerous, so it’s important to slow down and take extra care when the weather is bad.
- Road rage. Road rage is a serious problem on Missouri roads. Aggressive driving and road rage can lead to serious accidents, injuries, and even fatalities.
If you have suffered injuries as a result of another driver’s negligence, a car accident lawyer in Darksville can help you file a personal injury case.
Our lawyers I Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you pursue legal action against the person who caused your crash. We will fight to get you the money you need and deserve. Contact our law firm today at 816-888-8888 to schedule a consultation to get started.
Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.
Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.