Franklin, MO (October 10, 2022) – A traffic incident took place in Franklin County on Saturday afternoon that left four people injured. On October 8, the Missouri State Highway Patrol received a notification that a crash occurred on US Highway 50 that required assistance.
At around 3:15 p.m., Master Sgt. LJ Keathley responded to the scene of a motor vehicle accident that involved a 2011 Nissan Murano and a 2021 Jeep Renegade. MSHP reports of the accident show that the Jeep was traveling eastbound on US Highway 50 ring that collided with the Nissan, which was traveling southbound on Route 80. The driver of the Nissan failed to yield the right-of-way and, as a result, the two vehicles collided. Both vehicles had to be removed from the scene by an area towing company.
Four people inside the Jeep suffered injuries in the crash. The victims were identified as a 10-year-old male, a 17-year-old female, 35-year-old Deana Gebhard, and 35-year-old Michael Gebhard. All four victims, who are from Pacific, Missouri, were transported to Mercy Hospital in Washington, Missouri, by Union EMS.
The crash remains under investigation at this time.
Our thoughts are with Deana Gebhard, Michael Gebhard, and the two juveniles injured in this accident.
Car Accidents in Missouri
Each year, thousands of innocent people are hospitalized as a result of classes that take place here in the state of Missouri. There are a variety of different types of car accidents that can occur in Missouri. Some of the most common include:
- Rear-end collisions: These often happen when one driver is following another too closely and doesn’t have time to stop when the lead driver brakes suddenly.
- Head-on collisions: These can be particularly dangerous, as they often involve a high amount of force. They typically occur when one driver crosses the center line into oncoming traffic.
- Side-impact collisions: These accidents are commonly referred to as “T-bone” accidents. These commonly take place at intersections when one motorist fails to yield the right of way and collides with the side of another vehicle.
- Rollover accidents: These can occur for a number of reasons, but are often caused by a vehicle’s tire blowout or by taking a turn too sharply.
Any type of crash can cause severe injuries to those involved. Unfortunately, there are several reasons why we see accidents take place here in our state. Leading factors and crashes across Missouri include:
- Speeding: Speeding is one of the most common contributing factors to car crashes. Drivers who are traveling too fast may not be able to stop in time to avoid a collision. This is particularly true in inclement weather and in congested areas.
- Impaired Driving: Alcohol and drugs impair a driver’s ability to operate a vehicle safely. We see many people hurt as a result of drunk drivers who drift into nearby lanes and crash into other vehicles intersections.
- Distracted Driving: distracted driving is any activity that diverts a driver’s attention away from the task of driving. Common distractions include talking or texting on a phone, eating, drinking, and talking to passengers.
If you have been hurt in a vehicle accident, our Franklin car accident lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you file a personal injury claim against the responsible party.
Contact our law firm today at 816-888-8888 to schedule a consultation to get started.
Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.
Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.