Peterson & Associates, P.C.

Our Blog

Halltown, MO – One Injured in Auto Accident on Route O

Published
Categorized as Auto Accidents, Personal Injury

Halltown, MO (October 17, 2022) – A traffic collision reported in Lawrence County left a 21-year-old man injured. On October 14, troopers with the Missouri State Highway Patrol were notified that a crash occurred on Route O.

According to local news sources, at around 5:15 p.m., a 2002 Jeep Wrangler was traveling on Route O when the vehicle turned into the path of the 2015 Hyundai Tucson. As a result, the two vehicles collided just half of a mile south of Halltown, Missouri. The two vehicles were extensively damaged due to the crash.

The driver of the Hyundai, 21-year-old Christian Lawrence of Everton, Missouri, suffered injuries in the crash. Lawrence was transported to Cox South Hospital in Springfield, Missouri, for the treatment of injuries.

The Missouri State Highway Patrol is investigating the collision at this time.

We hope Christian Lawrence is able to recover quickly following this accident.

Car Accidents in Missouri

Halltown, MO – One Injured in Auto Accident on Route OEvery day, innocent people are hurt as a result of vehicle collisions in the state of Missouri. We see many people left with significant injuries that negatively affect their lives. Not only do victims often suffer from physical and emotional pain and suffering, but they often face towering financial burdens as well. After a motor vehicle accident, injured parties are able to file lawsuits against the drivers who are responsible to seek compensation for the damages they face.

In Missouri, the courts use a pure comparative fault system when determining how to apportion damages in a personal injury case. This means that the court will look at the actions of each party involved and assign a percentage of fault to each. The damages awarded will then be reduced by that percentage.

For example, if you are involved in a car accident where you are determined to be 40% at fault, and the other driver is determined to be 60% at fault, any damages you are awarded would be reduced by 40%. So, if you were awarded $10,000 in damages, you would only receive $6,000.

The comparative fault system can be very complex, and it is important to have a Halltown car accident lawyer on your side who can help ensure that you are not unfairly blamed for an accident.

Our lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. are here to help you get justice. For more than a quarter of a century, our personal injury lawyers have fought on behalf of innocent people to ensure they are able to maximize the compensation they recover. Our team can help you recover compensation for lost wages, medical costs, and more. We can meet with you for free consultation at your earliest convenience to get started. Contact our law firm by calling 816-888-8888 to discuss your case.

Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.

Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.