Hermitage, MO (October 20, 2022) – A traffic incident reported in Hickory County left two people injured. At around 10:10 a.m., on October 19, calls for assistance came in surrounding a traffic incident on US Highway 54.
Reports from local authorities show that a 2003 Mercedes-Benz and a 1999 Ford Ranger collided on US Highway 54 in the area of new Hermitage Road. Both vehicles suffered severe damage due to the collision.
The driver of the Ford, 69-year-old Larry Davidson of Buffalo, Missouri, and a passenger in the Mercedes, 82-year-old Virginia Moutrey of Wheatland, Missouri, were both injured in the crash. Davidson was airlifted to Cox South Hospital in Springfield, Missouri. Moutrey was transported to the same hospital by ambulance.
The crash remains under investigation at this time.
Our thoughts are with Larry Davidson in Virginia Mountrey as we hope for their full recovery.
Car Accidents in Missouri
Auto accidents can be incredibly devastating. Regrettably, millions of people across the United States are hurt in crashes annually. Regrettably, many accidents resulting in severe injuries occur right here in Missouri. Many of these crashes are caused by motorists who are negligent. The most common causes of car accidents in Missouri are:
- Distracted driving: This is when a driver takes their attention off the road, typically to do something else like look at their phone or change the radio station.
- Speeding: Driving too fast for road and weather conditions is one of the leading causes of accidents. It gives you less time to react to hazards and can make it harder to control your vehicle.
- Drunk driving: Impaired drivers have slowed reflexes, poor judgment, and can fall asleep at the wheel. These factors put everyone on the road at risk.
- Weather conditions: Snow, ice, rain, and fog can all make driving more difficult and dangerous. Make sure to slow down and allow for extra stopping distance when driving in these conditions.
- Road conditions: Poorly maintained roads with potholes, debris, or other hazards can lead to accidents. Always be on the lookout for potential dangers while driving.
If you have been hurt in an auto accident, it is crucial that you are aware of your legal rights moving forward. A Hermitage car accident lawyer can help to educate you regarding your legal rights and fight to protect your best interests.
Personal injury lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you seek financial compensation to cover your medical costs and more. Our team understands how critical it is to recover the financial resources you need to cover the losses and damages you face. For this reason, we are dedicated to helping injured parties get justice by filing personal injury lawsuits against those who cause them harm. Contact our personal injury law firm today at 816-888-8888 to get started.
Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.
Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.