Holcomb, MO (October 28, 2022) – A traffic collision reported in Dunklin County sent several people to area hospitals with injuries. On October 27, troopers with the Missouri State Highway Patrol responded to a crash on Missouri State Highway 25.
According to reports, at around 7:25 a.m., a rear-end collision between a 2011 Honda Odyssey and a 2012 GMC Sierra occurred on Highway 25. Both vehicles were totaled as a result of the accident.
Multiple people suffered injuries as a result of the crash. EMS responded to the scene and rendered aid to 46-year-old Billy Lloyd and four juveniles, identified as a 17-year-old male, a 16-year-old male, a 13-year-old male, and an 11-year-old female. The 16-year-old male was transported to Arkansas Methodist Hospital in Paragould, Arkansas, where he was treated for injuries. The other four victims were transported by Medic One to Piggott Community Hospital.
At this time, the circumstances surrounding the accident are under investigation.
We hope Billy Lloyd in the four juveniles injured in this accident recover quickly.
Car Accidents in Missouri
Being involved in a motor vehicle accident continue life forever. Unfortunately, countless people are left with serious injuries every year in Missouri as a result of crashes. Some common injuries reported in traffic collisions across our state include:
- Head injuries: Head injuries are one of the most common types of injury suffered in car accidents. Head injuries can lead to serious problems such as memory loss, brain damage, and even death.
- Facial fractures: Facial fractures occur when the face is smashed into something hard during an accident. They can require surgery to fix and often result in lasting pain and disability.
- Spinal cord compression: Spinal cord compression occurs when the spinal cord is injured by being crushed or squeezed between two bones or tissues. This can cause paralysis down one or both sides of the body. If left untreated, it can lead to death.
- Knee injuries: Knee injuries are common in car accidents because cars tend to crash into other cars or objects at a fairly low speed, which forces knees into unnatural positions. This often results in torn ligaments and bone damage, which may require surgery to fix.
- Back injuries: Back injuries are common in car accidents because people often lean back in their seats to avoid being hit from the front. This puts a lot of stress on the spine, which can cause back injuries.
Any type of injury can completely change your life. Unfortunately, many people who suffer from injuries have to go through long-term care. If you’ve been hurt as a result of a car accident that was caused by another driver’s negligence, you must reach out to a Holcomb car accident lawyer right away.
Following your accident, or personal injury lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you seek the maximum amount of compensation possible for your damages. We will fight to help you hold the person who is at fault for your crush accountable. Schedule a free consultation by reaching out to our team today at 816-888-8888 to get started.
Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.
Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.