Lake St. Louis, MO (October 25, 2022) – A man and woman both lost their lives as a result of a crash that occurred in St. Charles County on Sunday morning. On October 23, the Missouri State Highway Patrol responded to the scene of a crash on Interstate 70.
According to law enforcement, the driver of a 2022 Chevrolet Corvette was driving in a careless and imprudent manner on Interstate 70, along the westbound side at around 2:20 a.m. As a result, the vehicle struck the rear of a 2010 Toyota Prius.
The impact of the crash caused both vehicles to go off the side of the roadway and down an embankment. The Toyota then overturned and ejected the driver.
A passenger in the Toyota, 61-year-old Kristi Anderson, was pronounced deceased at the scene. The ejected driver, 59-year-old Steven Anderson, also suffered fatal injuries in the crash. He was pronounced deceased at the scene approximately six minutes later.
The incident remains under investigation at this time.
We offer our condolences to the family of Steven Anderson and Kristi Anderson at this time.
Car Accidents in Missouri
Crashes in Missouri are often a result of drivers who engage in negligence. Unfortunately, day after day, we see innocent people left with severe injuries as a result of crashes. There are a number of factors that can contribute to car accidents in Missouri. Here are some of the most common:
- Distracted driving: With so many people using cell phones and other devices while behind the wheel, it’s no wonder that distracted driving is such a problem.
- Alcohol use: Drivers who are intoxicated by alcohol or impaired by drugs may have problems making sound decisions that can help to avoid crashes. As a result, we see countless people harmed as a result of traffic accidents caused by impaired motorists.
- Speeding: Speed is a major factor in vehicle collisions in our state. This is especially true for those that result in serious injuries or fatalities.
- Weather: Missouri weather can be unpredictable, and inclement weather can make driving conditions more dangerous. Driving in rain, icing conditions, and other inclement weather can be incredibly difficult.
- Road conditions: Poorly maintained roads can also lead to accidents. Potholes, loose gravel, and other dangerous road conditions continue to cause crashes across the state annually.
If you have been left with injuries as a result of a motor vehicle collision in Missouri, contact a Lake St. Louis car accident lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your case and find out what legal options may be available to you.
Our personal injury lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you see compensation following a motor vehicle accident. Our team will fight to ensure you are able to collect the maximum amount of financial compensation possible. We can be with you for a free consultation to get started at your earliest convenience. Contact our team today at 816-888-8888 to schedule a consultation.
Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.
Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.