Mansfield, MO (October 27, 2022) – A motor vehicle accident occurred in Wright County that claimed the life of an 84-year-old man from Birch Tree, Missouri. On October 24, calls for help were received by the Missouri State Highway Patrol regarding a crash that occurred on Highway 5.
At around 2:20 p.m., on October 24, a 2019 Ford F350 pickup truck was traveling on Highway 5. For unknown reasons, the vehicle crossed over the center of the road and struck a 1990 Ford F250 pickup truck head-on just two miles south of Mansfield, Missouri.
The driver of the Ford F250, 84-year-old Norvil Lakey, was fatally injured in the crash. He was pronounced deceased on-site by Wright County Coroner Ben Hurtt. No other injuries were reported in the accident.
At this time, the crash remains under investigation by the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Our condolences are with the family of Norvil Lakey at this time.
Fatal Car Accidents in Missouri
Motor vehicle wrecks across Missouri takes the lives of more than 1,000 people annually. These incidents continue to take place often, despite the number of laws in place to prevent drivers from engaging in careless actions.
Unfortunately, fatal collisions continued to leave families with overwhelming consequences. Many families struggle to move forward after enduring sudden and unexpected loss. Depending on the circumstances surrounding the fatal collision, your family may be able to pursue legal action against the person who is at fault. A wrongful death claim can help your family recover compensation for various damages. These include compensation for:
- Lost earnings and future lost earnings. This includes not only the victim’s wage loss up until the time of death but also the estimated future earnings that the victim would have earned had they not been killed.
- Loss of services. This can include things like child care, housekeeping, and even sexual relations.
- Funeral and burial expenses. You may be able to recover the cost of your loved one’s funeral and burial expenses.
- Loss of companionship or consortium. You may be able to recover the loss of your loved one’s companionship or consortium. This includes the loss of affection, love, and society.
- Pain and suffering. While this is typically harder to quantify monetarily, it can nonetheless be a significant damage award in a wrongful death case.
- Punitive damages. In some cases, punitive damages may be available if the defendant’s actions were grossly negligent.
Our wrongful death lawyers in Mansfield will be able to help you secure the maximum amount of compensation possible for your damages.
Our car accident lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. are deeply committed to protecting the legal rights and best interests of bereaved families following fatal collisions. We can help your family secure the maximum amount of compensation possible for your claim. We will fight to ensure that the person who caused the death of your loved one is held accountable. Schedule a consultation with our team today to get started on your case right away. Our lawyers are available by calling 816-888-8888.
Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.
Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.