Peterson & Associates, P.C.

Our Blog

Miner, MO – Two-Vehicle Accident on Highway H Leaves One Man Injured

Published
Categorized as Auto Accidents, Personal Injury

Miner, MO (October 14, 2022) – A man was left injured as a result of a crash between two vehicles in Scott County. On October 12, we Missouri State Highway Patrol was dispatched to the scene of the crash on Highway H.

According to local law enforcement, at around 2:10 p.m., the driver of a 2011 Ford Edge made an improper left turn, causing the vehicle to collide with a 2007 Chrysler Town & Country. Both vehicles were damaged as a result of the accident.

The driver of the Chrysler, 33-year-old Donald Edwards of Campbell, Missouri, suffered injuries in the crash. Edwards was transported by ambulance to Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Missouri, where he was treated for his injuries.

The Missouri State Highway Patrol is investigating the crash at this time.

Our thoughts are with Donald Edwards as we hope for his full recovery.

Car Accidents in Missouri

Miner, MO – Two-Vehicle Accident on Highway H Leaves One Man InjuredAn automobile accident can change your life entirely. Trying to deal with physical and emotional pain and suffering can be quite exhausting. Unfortunately, tens of thousands of people across our state are hospitalized annually with serious injuries following crashes.

When innocent people are harmed as a result of motor vehicle accidents, they may be able to file a personal injury case against the responsible party. In Missouri, the legal doctrine of pure comparative negligence is followed in car accident cases. This means that each party involved in an accident is responsible for the damages they cause, and their liability is determined by their percentage of fault.

For example, if one driver is found to be 50% at fault for an accident, and the other driver is found to be 50% at fault, each will be liable for half of the damages caused. However, if one driver is found to be 90% at fault and the other driver is only 10% at fault, the first driver will be responsible for 9 times more damages than the second driver.

The doctrine of pure comparative negligence can be complex. For this reason, it is important that you seek representation from a skilled legal team right away. Having a Miner car accident attorney on your side who can help you navigate the legal system and get the compensation you deserve is crucial.

Our lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. have decades of experience assisting injured parties across the state who have been harmed in crashes due to the negligence of others. Our lawyers can help you pursue legal action against the person who caused you harm. Our team will build a strong claim on your behalf and prove your damages. We will demand that the defendant provide you with the compensation that you need and deserve to cover your medical costs and more. Contact our Missouri law firm today at 816-888-8888 to get started.

Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.

Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.