Morgan, MO (October 2, 2022) – A traffic incident was reported in Morgan County that left three people injured, including one person who had to be airlifted to an area hospital. At around 7:35 a.m., on September 30, trooper SD Sears with the Missouri State Highway Patrol responded to a crash on Old Eight Road.
According to reports, a collision between a 2006 Chevrolet equinox and a 2019 Cadillac XTS took place on Old Eight Road just .7 miles north of Copperfield Road. The two vehicles had to be towed away from the scene of the accident due to the extent of damages.
Three people were hurt as a result of the accident. Both 35-year-old Danielle Conversano and 54-year-old Lisa Hibdon were transported to Lake Regional Hospital, where they were treated for injuries.
The third victim, 45-year-old Michael Davis, was transported by Missouri University air care to the University of Missouri hospital, where he underwent emergency treatment.
Investigations surrounding the cross are underway.
Our thoughts are with Lisa Hibdon, Michael Davis, and Danielle Conversano at this time.
Car Accidents in Missouri
Motor vehicle accidents are the cause of more than 60,000 injuries in the state of Missouri annually. There are many factors that contribute to these accidents taking place day after day. Some of the most common causes of vehicle collisions in our state include:
- Distracted driving: This is one of the most widespread and dangerous problems on the road today. Drivers who are distracted by their cell phones, GPS devices, or even just passengers in their car are more likely to get into an accident.
- Speeding: Speed limits exist for a reason – to keep drivers and pedestrians safe. When drivers exceed the posted limit, they put themselves and others at risk of serious injury or death in a crash.
- Driving under the influence: Drunk and drugged driving is a major problem in Missouri, as it is across the country. Getting behind the wheel while impaired is extremely dangerous and can easily lead to a devastating accident.
- Weather conditions: Missouri is known for its severe weather, from tornadoes to ice storms. These conditions can make driving very difficult and treacherous, increasing the chances of an accident occurring.
- Defective vehicle components: Sometimes, it’s not the driver’s fault that an accident happens. If a car has defective brakes or tires, or if the accelerator jams, it can be extremely difficult to avoid a crash. These and other defective parts make it difficult for drivers to maintain control over their vehicles.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a car accident, it’s important to seek experienced legal help. The Morgan car accident lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can investigate the crash and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our personal injury lawyers can meet with you for a free consultation at your earliest convenience. Contact our law firm at 816-888-8888 to schedule a consultation with our team at Peterson & Associates, P.C. to get started.
Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.
Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.