Nixa, MO (October 26, 2022) – An 18-year-old male from Springfield, Missouri, was left with moderate injuries following a motorcycle accident that occurred in Christian County. On October 23, troopers with the Missouri State Highway Patrol were called to the scene of a crash on Inman Road.
According to local law enforcement, at around 6:30 p.m., a rear-end collision between a 2013 Honda TRX and a 2022 storm 250 occurred on Inman Road just two miles south of Nixa, Missouri. Both vehicles were moderately damaged as a result of the accident.
The motorcyclist, 18-year-old Caydon Cox, suffered injuries in the crash. Cox was transported to Mercy Hospital in Springfield, Missouri, where he underwent emergency care.
The motorcycle accident remains under investigation at this time.
We hope Caydon Cox recovers quickly following this accident.
Motorcycle Accidents in Missouri
Car accidents are unfortunately all too common in the state of Missouri. In fact, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, more than 60,000 people suffer injuries as a result of crashes each year. In many instances, auto wrecks are a result of negligent motorists. Leading factors in crashes that we see here in our state include:
- Distracted driving: From texting and talking on the phone to eating and drinking, there are a number of things that can distract drivers from the task at hand. And when drivers are not paying attention to the road, accidents are more likely to happen.
- Speeding: When drivers exceed the posted speed limit or drive too fast, they put themselves and others at risk. Speed limits exist for a reason, and everyone needs to make sure they’re obeying them.
- Driving under the influence: Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is never a good idea, and it’s also against the law in Missouri. Driving while impaired can severely impact your ability to make sound judgments and operate your vehicle in a responsible manner.
- Weather conditions: Bad weather can make driving conditions very difficult and can lead to accidents happening even if everyone is driving responsibly.
- Road conditions: Poorly maintained roads with potholes, cracks, and other hazards can also lead to accidents. It’s important for drivers to be aware of the condition of the roads they’re driving on and to drive accordingly.
If you’ve been harmed as a result of an automobile accident, you may have legal options available to help you move forward. A Nixa motorcycle accident lawyer can help you pursue legal action following your crash.
Our personal injury lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. have extensive experience helping innocent people get justice. Our team can help you pursue legal action against the person who caused your harm. Schedule a consultation by calling our Missouri law firm at 816-888-8888 to get started.
Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.
Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.