Renick, MO (October 20, 2022) – A traffic incident had taken in Randolph County that left one woman injured. At around 5:55 p.m., on October 18, emergency crews were called to the scene of a crash on US Highway 63.
According to local law enforcement, a 2003 Ford F1 50 pickup truck failed to yield the right-of-way to a 2016 Ford Focus on US Highway 63 at the intersection of business Highway 63. As a result, the pickup truck pulled into the path of the sedan, causing the two Fords to collide.
Both vehicles suffered significant damage due to the accident.
The operator of the Focus, 30-year-old Michelle Cullifer of Moberly, Missouri, suffered injuries as a result of the collision.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol is conducting an investigation into the circumstances of the crash at this time.
We hope Michelle Cullifer makes a timely and full recovery following this accident.
Car Accidents in Missouri
Countless innocent people across the state of Missouri are left injured due to crashes every single year. Many accidents involve negligent and reckless drivers. There are several factors that contribute to many accidents that take place in our state each year. These include:
- Distracted driving: This is one of the most common causes of traffic collisions across the country, and Missouri is no exception. When drivers are distracted by their phones, passengers, or anything else inside the car, they’re not paying attention to the road and are more likely to get into an accident.
- Speeding: Unfortunately, many people choose to ignore speed limits and drive too fast for conditions. This can lead to serious accidents.
- Driving under the influence: Drunk driving often leads to devastating accidents. People who are impaired often are unable to maintain control of their vehicle in order to stay in their lane or stop from striking other vehicles
- Poor road conditions: Missouri roads can be dangerous, especially in winter when they’re covered in ice and snow. Be extra careful when driving on them and watch out for potholes, debris, and other hazards.
- Mechanical issues: Sometimes car accidents happen because something goes wrong with the vehicle itself. If you’re having car trouble, get it fixed before getting back on the road.
If you’ve been hurt in an automobile collision, you may be able to pursue a personal injury case against the person who is responsible. A car accident lawyer in Renick can help you file your claim as soon as possible.
Our lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. have decades of experience helping those who have been harmed by the negligence of others pursue legal action following their accidents. Our team can help you file a legal claim against the person who is responsible for your crash. Contact or personal injury law firm today at 816-888-8888 to schedule a free consultation to get started.
Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.
Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.