St Charles, MO (October 29, 2022) – A crash took place in St. Charles County on Thursday afternoon that left a 30-year-old woman from St. Charles, Missouri, injured. At around 1:30 p.m., on October 27, the Missouri State Highway Patrol responded to a crash on Interstate 70.
According to reports provided by authorities, a 2016 Ford Taurus was traveling eastbound on Interstate 70. As the driver attempted to change lanes from lane one to lane two near Missouri State Route 370, it struck the right rear of a 2005 Chevrolet Impala. The impact of the crash sent the Chevrolet of the left side of the roadway, where it struck a concrete median barrier. The Ford then went off the left side of the roadway and struck a concrete wall. Both vehicles were significantly damaged and had to be towed from the scene.
The driver of the Chevrolet, 30-year-old Taylor Estes, suffered injuries in the accident. Estes was transported by St. Charles County Ambulance District to SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital in St. Charles, Missouri, for care.
We hope Taylor Estes recovers quickly following this accident.
Car Accidents in Missouri
Being harmed in a motor vehicle accident can leave you feeling lost and alone. Trying to overcome painful physical and emotional injuries can be difficult. Unfortunately, there are a significant number of cases where innocent people are hurt as a result of traffic wrecks that are caused by negligence.
Some of the most common causes of crashes that we see in the state of Missouri include:
- Speeding: Driving too fast for the conditions is a major cause of car accidents in Missouri. Traveling above the posted speed limit can lead to sudden braking, which can cause a collision.
- Inattentive driving: This includes driving without paying close attention to your surroundings and not using proper safety precautions when crossing intersections or turning corners.
- Driver error: A driver’s mistake, such as not yielding to another vehicle, can cause a car accident.
- Distracted driving: Texting, talking on the phone, and other forms of distracted driving are leading causes of car accidents in Missouri. When drivers are distracted, they may not be able to safely control their vehicles and may end up crashing into other cars or objects.
- Poor weather conditions: Extreme weather conditions, such as heavy rain or snow, can make it difficult for drivers to see clearly, which can lead to car accidents.
If you have been hurt as a result of a traffic collision, and you believe negligence played a role, it is important that you reach out to a car accident lawyer in St. Charles right away. You may be able to file a legal claim to seek financial compensation for your injuries, damages, and losses.
Our team at Peterson & Associates, P.C. has extensive experience helping injured parties get justice following their accidents. For over three decades, our personal injury lawyers have fought diligently to help injured parties seek compensation for lost wages, medical costs, and more. At your earliest convenience, contact or personal injury lawyers at 816-888-8888. Our lawyers can meet with you for a free consultation to get started.
Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.
Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.