St Louis, MO (October 9, 2022) – A 30-year-old man from Crestwood, Missouri, was transported to Mercy Hospital South for the treatment of injuries following an accident in St. Louis. On October 6, the Missouri State Highway Patrol responded to a crash that took place on Interstate 44.
According to reports provided by trooper M Smith of the Missouri State Highway Patrol, at around 8:57 p.m., a collision between a 2004 Cadillac SRX and a 2018 Ford Explorer took place on the eastbound side of Interstate 44 near mile marker 278.6. The Cadillac then collided with a 2022 Freightliner Cascadia.
The driver of the Ford, 30-year-old Auston Marti, suffered injuries in the crash. Marti was transported to Mercy Hospital South by St. Louis County officers for the treatment of injuries.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol is conducting an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the crash at this time.
Our thoughts are with Auston Marti as we hope for his full recovery.
Car Accidents in Missouri
Each year, over 55,000 people are hospitalized with injuries following crashes here in the state of Missouri. Although no two accidents are the same, there are similarities in the type of accidents that are reported. Here in Missouri, we see many types of accidents take place every day. Some of the most common accidents include:
- Rear-end collisions: These crashes are common in instances where vehicles are traveling too close to the ones ahead. As a result, vehicles crash into the rear of the vehicle ahead of them when they are unable to stop in time to avoid a collision.
- Head-on crashes: These often happen on rural roads when one driver crosses the centerline into oncoming traffic. They can also occur when one driver tries to pass another and misjudges the distance.
- Side-impact collisions: These accidents occur when the front of one vehicle crashes into the side of a second vehicle. This type of collision is often seen at intersections when one driver fails to yield the right of way.
- Rollover accidents: These usually occur when a vehicle hits a curb or object, causing it to roll over onto its side or roof. They can also happen if a driver loses control of their vehicle and it starts to spin.
- Multi-vehicle accidents: These can involve any number of vehicles, but they are often seen on highways and interstates when one driver rear-ends another, causing a chain reaction.
Unfortunately, any type of vehicle collision has the ability to cause severe harm to those involved. If you have been hurt as a result of a car accident, it is important that you take legal action right away. A car accident lawyer in St. Louis will be able to help you seek financial compensation to cover your damages.
Our team at Peterson & Associates, P.C. is available to help you seek financial compensation from the person who caused your pain and suffering. We will help you get full compensation to cover your vehicle repair costs, lost earnings, and more. Schedule a consultation at your earliest convenience by calling 816-888-8888 to get started.
Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.
Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.