Peterson & Associates, P.C.

Our Blog

St Robert, MO – Woman Hurt in Truck Wreck on I-44 near MM 169

Published
Categorized as Auto Accidents, Personal Injury, Truck Accidents

St Robert, MO (October 25, 2022) – Authorities in Phelps County were called to the scene of a motor vehicle accident in St. Roberts that left a 38-year-old woman injured. At around 12:45 p.m., on October 23, troopers with the Missouri State Highway Patrol responded to a collision on Interstate 44.

According to authorities, a rear-end collision between a 2012 Chrysler 320 23 Peterbilt truck tractor-trailer occurred on the eastbound side of Interstate 44 near mile marker 169. The incident caused disruptions in traffic just six miles east of St. Robert, Missouri.

The driver of the Chrysler, 38-year-old Ashley Spadaro of Springdale, Arkansas, suffered injuries in the crash.

At this time, the Missouri State Highway Patrol is investigating the crash.

We hope Ashley Spadaro recovers quickly from her injuries.

Truck Accidents in Missouri

St Robert, MO – Woman Hurt in Truck Wreck on I-44 near MM 169Each year, auto collisions leave tens of thousands of people in Missouri injured. There are many cases where these accidents are a result of drivers who are negligent. If you’ve suffered injuries in a crash that was caused by the reckless or negligent actions of another driver, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against them.

Missouri is a fault state when it comes to car accidents. This means that the driver who is found to be at fault for causing the accident is responsible for the damages. If you are involved in a car accident in Missouri, it is important to understand how fault will be determined so that you can protect your rights.

Fault in a car accident is typically determined by who was careless. Carelessness can be anything from speeding to running a red light. If one driver was more careless than the other, then that driver will likely be found at fault. In some cases, both drivers may be found at fault if it is determined that they both contributed to the cause of the accident.

It is also important to note that Missouri follows the doctrine of comparative negligence. This means that even if you are found to be partially at fault for an accident, you can still recover damages from the other party as long as their negligence was greater than yours. For example, if you are involved in an accident where you are found to be 20% at fault and the other driver is 80% at fault, you can still recover damages from the other driver as long as their negligence was greater than yours.

If you have suffered injuries due to a traffic collision in Missouri, it is important to contact an experienced legal team right away that can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that your rights are protected.

Our St. Robert car accident lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. are here to help you get justice. Our team will investigate your crash, build a solid claim for you, and demand for compensation for your losses. Schedule a consultation with our personal injury lawyers today by calling 816-888-8888 to get started.

Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.

Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.