Pleasant Hill, MO (September 30, 2022) – A traffic collision took place in Cass County that sent a teenager to a local hospital with injuries. At 10 p.m., on September 27, the Missouri State Highway Patrol was notified that their assistance was needed at a crash that took place on Missouri State Route 7.
Reports from MSHP show that a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon and a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado collided on the southbound side of Missouri State Route 7. The crash blocked the roadway just north of 219th Street. Both vehicles suffered significant damage in the crash that required them to be towed from the scene.
EMS rendered aid to a 17-year-old female before transporting her to Cass Regional Medical Center for further care.
The crash is currently under investigation.
Our thoughts are with the teen who suffered injuries due to this crash.
Car Accidents in Missouri
People who are involved in motor vehicle accidents are often left with significant injuries. Unfortunately, tens of thousands of people are hurt as a result of crashes in Missouri every year. Some of the most common injuries reported in these accidents include:
- Broken Bones: Broken bones are another common injury sustained in car accidents. The force of the impact can cause bones to break or fracture. Commonly broken bones in car accidents include ribs, collarbones, and arm bones.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Soft tissue injuries are also common in car accidents. These injuries include damage to the muscles, tendons, and ligaments. symptoms of soft tissue injuries include pain, swelling, bruising, and limited range of motion.
- Emotional Trauma: Emotional trauma is a common, but often overlooked, injury that can occur in car accidents. This type of injury can include anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
There are several reasons why accidents continue to take place day after day. Some of the most common causes of crashes in our state include:
- Distracted driving: This has become one of the leading causes of car accidents in recent years, as more and more drivers are using their phones while behind the wheel. Whether a person is texting, checking social media, or simply talking on the phone, taking your attention off the road for even a few seconds can lead to disaster.
- Driving under the influence: Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is always risky. It can have devastating consequences for other people sharing the road. Drivers who are impaired often struggle to operate their vehicles in a responsible manner.
- Speeding: Speed limits are in place for a reason – to keep drivers and others safe on the roadways. But far too many people choose to ignore them, whether they’re trying to get to their destination quickly or simply not paying attention to the posted limit. Either way, it can lead to serious accidents.
If you have been hurt as a result of another driver’s negligence, you may have legal options available to help you move forward. It is crucial that you reach out to a car accident lawyer in Pleasant Hill right away.
Our lawyers that Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you file a personal injury lawsuit following your crash. Contact our team at 816-888-8888 to get started.
Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.
Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.