Ste Genevieve, MO (September 30, 2022) – A traffic collision took place on Wednesday morning that left two people injured. At around 6:30 a.m., on September 28, calls for help came in surrounding a crash that occurred on Highway 32.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, a 2018 Kia Optima, a 2018 Chevrolet Cruze, a 2009 Pontiac G5, and a 2008 Ford F250 pickup truck were all traveling eastbound on Highway 32. The Pontiac and the Ford stopped on the road just west of Brown Road as they waited for a school bus. As the Chevrolet began to slow down for traffic ahead, it was struck in the rear by the Kia.
The Chevrolet then crashed into the Pontiac, which caused the Pontiac to strike the Ford. The Kia, the Pontiac, and the Chevrolet were all significantly damaged and had to be towed from the scene.
EMS responded to the scene and rendered aid to 22-year-old Grant Roberts and 22-year-old Nicole Schwent at the scene. The two victims were then transported to Parkland Health Center in Farmington, Missouri, for further care.
The crash is under investigation at this time.
Our thoughts are with Grant Roberts and Nicole Schwent at this time.
Car Accidents in Missouri
Crashes across the state of Missouri leave thousands of people injured every month. There are many accidents that are caused by negligent motorists. Legal factors that are reported in crashes in our area include:
- Distracted driving: This is when a driver is not paying attention to the road because they are doing something else, like talking on the phone, eating, or changing the radio. Distracted driving is one of the most common causes of car accidents in Missouri and across the United States.
- Speeding: speeding is another leading cause of car accidents. When drivers speed, they have less time to react to hazards on the road, and they are more likely to lose control of their vehicles.
- Driving under the influence: Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is also a leading cause of car accidents in Missouri. This is because drugs and alcohol impair a motorist’s ability to make good decisions and maintain control of their vehicle.
- Weather: bad weather can also lead to car accidents. For example, if it’s raining or snowing, visibility is reduced and roads can be slippery, making it more difficult for drivers to control their vehicles.
- Road conditions: finally, poor road conditions can also contribute to car accidents. For example, if a road is full of potholes or has other hazards, it can be more difficult for drivers to control their vehicles.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident that was caused by another driver’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact an experienced Ste Genevieve car accident lawyer today to learn more about your legal options.
Our lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can meet with you for a free consultation at your earliest convenience. Our team will review the circumstances surrounding your crash and fight to get you justice. Schedule a consultation by calling 816-888-8888 to get started on your case.
Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.
Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.