Every year, tens of thousands of people sustain injuries due to defective or malfunctioning products. Although we turn to various consumer products to improve some quality or aspect of our life, we continue to see innocent people harmed due to products that fail to perform as intended.
When consumer or commercial products are dangerous, defective, or malfunctioning, an individual is at risk of sustaining life-threatening injuries. We see far too many people suffer severe injuries due to defective products in Missouri.
If you have been injured due to a defective or malfunctioning product, you must reach out to our Missouri product liability attorneys immediately. You may have legal options available to help you move forward.
Our Missouri personal injury lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. have decades of experience handling product liability claims for our clients. We are committed to helping victims who have been injured by defective and malfunctioning products get justice. Our personal injury lawyers can help you pursue a product liability claim against the negligent party to ensure you can secure the maximum amount of compensation available for your lawsuit.
Contact our Missouri personal injury law firm today to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case and the legal options available.
Types of Product Defects We Help Our Clients Recover From
There are three main types of product defects that negatively impact the lives of consumers. These include:
- Defective designs
- Defective manufacturing
- Marketing defects
Any defect in a product can make it incredibly dangerous for use. If you have suffered injuries due to a defective product, you may be able to take legal action against the negligent party. Our Missouri personal injury attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you pursue legal action against the negligent party no matter what type of defect you were harmed by.
Products that have a Design Defect
Many people in Missouri are forced to deal with devastating injuries due to defective products. Injured victims may be harmed due to products with no flaws during manufacturing. It is essential to understand that these defects are present before the manufacturing process occurs.
A few examples of products with a defective design include fans that have guards that are too widespread and allow for hands and small objects to penetrate them, highly flammable clothing, and chests of drawers that can topple over easily.
Products with a defective design can result in severe personal injuries to victims or even death.
Products That Have a Manufacturing Defect
In addition to defective designs, we also see many injured victims harmed due to products that have a manufacturer defect. Product manufacturer companies must test products to ensure they are reasonably safe for consumers. When a manufacturer fails to test the product and ensure consumer safety, they can be held liable for any resulting injuries and damages.
Some examples of manufacturer defects include:
- Incorrectly installing circuitry or wires on a product.
- Utilizing harmful chemicals during the production process.
- Assembling materials and parts of a project and an erroneous in this manner.
- Using the wrong materials when constructing the product.
When manufacturers fail to use the appropriate materials and processes to put products together, they risk creating products that are dangerous for consumers and cause harm.
Product Marketing Defects
Manufacturers utilize marketing strategies to make their products appealing to consumers. However, it is important that marketing companies adequately label products for use.
We see many people harmed as a result of marketing defects. Some of the most common types of marketing defects that we help our clients recover from in Missouri include:
- False claims
- Inadequate or incorrect user instructions
- Failing to warn consumers of the risks associated with using the product
- Improper warning labels on the product
- Advertisements that encourage improper use
When consumers purchase products, they must understand when is a safe time to use a product and what they should avoid while using it. Without adequate warning, victims risk suffering severe injury or even death during use. Victims who suffer injuries based solely on marketing issues can take legal action against various parties.
No matter what type of defect you are affected by, it is crucial that you seek legal guidance right away. Our team at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help to identify who is at fault and take legal action against them.
Schedule a free case evaluation with our personal injury attorneys at your earliest convenience to get started on your claim.
Common Injuries Reported by Victims of Defective Products
Every year, tens of thousands of people across the United States suffer serious injuries due to defective products. Although every accident is different, we continue to see many victims suffer from similar injuries that negatively affect their health and well-being.
Some of the most common injuries reported by victims include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries result from blunt force to the head. When a victim suffers a traumatic brain injury due to a defective product, it can be incredibly challenging for victims to take care of their day-to-day needs.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Spinal cord injuries are nearly almost always irreversible. People who suffer from spinal cord injuries often deal with some type of paralysis. Suffering these severe disabling injuries can make it incredibly challenging to perform various tasks and maintain relationships with others.
- Burn Injuries: Life-threatening burns to victims can result in permanent scarring, disfigurement, and can lead to other severe health complications. These catastrophic injuries often require extensive medical treatment. Many burn injury victims suffer from nerve and muscle damage as well.
- Traumatic Amputations/Loss of Limbs: There are many instances where people end up losing their arms, legs, hands, or feet as a result of defective products. These injuries can completely transform a victim’s life and cause severe difficulties in performing various tasks.
- Wrongful Death: Although we hope that everyone can recover from their injuries, we continue to see a significant number of people lose their lives due to defective and malfunctioning products. The unexpected loss of a loved one can be incredibly challenging. When your loved one loses their life due to negligence, it is entirely unacceptable. There are a significant number of children who are harmed as a result of defective products. When children are injured or lose their lives due to another person’s negligence, the heartache can be unbearable for surviving relatives. Children may suffer serious injuries or death due to defective playground equipment, toys, safety equipment, and other defective products.
If you or a loved one have been injured due to a malfunctioning or defective product, you may be able to file a product liability claim against the responsible party. Our Missouri personal injury law firm can help you get justice for your pain and suffering. Contact our Missouri product liability attorneys at your earliest convenience to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case and the legal options available to help you move forward.
Liability for a Defective Product
Product manufacturers have a legal responsibility to provide products to consumers that are safe to use. When products are offered on the market that are unreasonably dangerous, manufacturers and other parties can be held accountable for any resulting injuries or damages under strict liability laws.
Generally, a claim for product liability can be filed against any party participating in the design, manufacturing, or sale of a defective product. Some of the most common parties identified in product liability claims include:
- Product assemblers
- Products wholesalers
- Retailers who offer defective products for sale on their shelves
Our St. Louis product liability lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. will review the circumstances surrounding your injuries and case and help you determine who you can file a personal injury claim against. Our lawyers will gather evidence from various sources and build the strongest case on your behalf to ensure you can get justice and secure the maximum amount of financial compensation available to cover your damages.
How a Product Liability Claim Can Help You
If you suffered injuries as a result of a product that had a manufacturing defect, a dangerous design, or another product defect caused by negligence, you might be able to file a personal injury claim. Personal injury claims are designed to help injured parties secure the financial compensation that they can use to cover the damages they face as a result of their accidents.
Some of the damages that our Missouri personal injury attorney can help you recover money for include:
- Lost wages from taking time off work to recover
- Lost earnings if you are forced out of work indefinitely
- Medical bills to cover hospitalization and other emergency treatment
- Medical bills for long-term care costs and medical devices
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Not only do product liability claims apply to products that you purchased at stores in the area, but they also include:
- Dangerous or diseased pets
- Real estate
- Documents (blueprints)
- Intangible goods (electricity, water, gas, etc.)
If you have suffered injuries or damages as a result of a defective product, you must take legal action right away. Reaching out to our Missouri product liability attorneys at your earliest convenience can make a significant difference in your chances of getting justice. You can contact our team at Peterson & Associates, P.C. to schedule a free case evaluation at your earliest convenience to get started.
Collect Punitive Damages
Lawsuits involving a product design defect, testing defect, or manufacturing defect nearly always allege that the party at fault engaged in some negligent act. This allegation means that the designer or the manufacturer failed to take the steps necessary to ensure that the product was reasonably safe for use. More specifically, the designer or manufacturer failed to use a degree of care to ensure that their product is not unreasonably dangerous to consumers.
If injury victims are able to prove that the product was in a defective condition that was so bad that it was unreasonably dangerous when put to use in a reasonably anticipated manner, they may be able to seek punitive damages as well as compensatory damages during their product liability claims.
Punitive damages are awarded to victims in amounts over and above the actual compensatory damages, such as those incurred from lost wages, disability, medical bills, and other costs. The purpose of punitive damages is to punish the negligent party for their wrongdoing.
Our Missouri product liability attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C. will present adequate evidence that proves that the defendant engaged in reckless and truly negligent actions that constitute the award of punitive damages. We will help you get the maximum financial compensation for your lawsuit.
How Our Lawyers Can Help You
If you were injured due to a defective product, our Missouri personal injury lawyers at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you get justice. Our team has extensive experience helping victims file product liability claims after suffering injuries due to defective and malfunctioning products.
We will provide you with an array of services to ensure you can get justice. Some of the ways we will help you with your personal injury case include:
- Conducting an investigation into your accident to determine the cause. We will then identify the type of defect that caused your injuries and take legal action against all responsible parties.
- Gathering evidence from the scene of your accident and from various sources. We will investigate the product manufacturer, designer, and other parties to determine if they have a history of negligence.
- Building the strongest personal injury case possible on your behalf. We will gather evidence from various sources to help bolster your claim and fight to get you justice.
- Handling communication with the insurance company. Our lawyers will help to ensure you are not taken advantage of by self-serving insurance companies. We will aggressively negotiate compensation to ensure you get the money you need and deserve.
- Representing you in court. If we cannot come to a settlement agreement with the insurance company, our team will fearlessly fight to ensure you can get justice inside the courtroom.
If you have been injured due to a defective product, do not wait to protect your legal rights. You must reach out to our Missouri personal injury law firm immediately to schedule a free case evaluation. Our lawyers can meet with you at your earliest convenience to get started.
Let Our Missouri Product Liability Attorneys Help You
Suffering any serious injury resulting from a defective product can be incredibly challenging. There are many cases where people are forced to undergo extensive medical care. Covering the cost of medical treatment by being forced out of work for several weeks to recover can be challenging.
If you suffered injuries due to a defective product, our Missouri product liability attorney at Peterson & Associates, P.C. can help you file a product liability claim against the negligent party.
Our product liability attorneys fight diligently to protect the legal rights of victims who have been injured by defective products. We are deeply committed to helping each of our clients secure the maximum compensation available for their lawsuits. We will help you seek full and fair compensation to cover your medical bills, lost wages, and other financial burdens you face due to your accident. Our lawyers will help educate you regarding your rights as an injured victim so you can better make informed decisions regarding your case.
Contact our Missouri defective products lawyers today to schedule a free consultation at your earliest convenience. Our team is available by calling 816-888-8888. We can meet with you for a free consultation to discuss your case in the legal options available to help you move forward.