Have you or a loved one been injured because of the careless, reckless, or negligent actions of someone else? Contact our Oakville personal injury lawyers at Peterson & Associates P.C. to learn more about your legal options and get the justice you deserve.
You might be entitled to compensation if you were injured in an accident. This is where an experienced Oakville personal injury lawyer can help. At Peterson & Associates P.C., our Oakville personal injury attorneys specialize in helping personal injury victims understand their rights and assist them in receiving the compensation they deserve.
We understand that dealing with a personal injury can be overwhelming, and we are here to help you every step. Contact us today for a free consultation.
What is Personal Injury Law
If you’ve been injured in an accident that was someone else’s fault, you may be wondering if you have a personal injury case.
Personal injury law is the area of law that covers accidents and injuries. If you were injured in an accident, you might be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against the person or company responsible.
Personal injury law is complex and can be tough to navigate on your own. That’s where a personal injury lawyer comes in. An Oakville personal injury lawyer can help you understand your rights and guide you through the legal process.
What are Common Personal Injuries?
A variety of personal injuries can occur, some of which are more common than others.
Some of the most common personal injuries are caused by:
● Car Accidents: A lot of personal injuries are caused by car accidents. Someone can get hurt when a driver fails to follow the traffic rules and regulations or doesn’t take any precautionary measures to avoid an accident. Three major car accidents include rear-end collisions, side-impact collisions, and head-on collisions. Car accidents can cause severe injuries such as traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), spinal cord injuries, paralysis, and other permanent physical disabilities. Car accident victims may have to undergo extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation before regaining the full functionality of their bodies and minds. The pain and suffering endured by these victims can be immense due to the accident’s severity.
● Truck Accidents: Truck accidents occur when a truck and another vehicle collide. Accidents can happen due to negligence of the driver or they can be caused by the negligence of the truck owner. Truck accident claims are difficult to handle because they often cause in significant damage and injuries. Trucks are much heavier than most vehicles, so they can cause severe damage. The force of impact is usually more powerful than a regular car accident, making it possible for more severe injuries to occur.
● Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcycle riders are more vulnerable to injury than other vehicle operators because they lack protection. Additionally, because they’re smaller than cars and trucks, they’re easier for other drivers to miss.
● Workplace Accidents: Many people work in high-risk environments and may suffer from workplace injuries. In most cases, the employer is responsible for a worker’s safety. However, if the employer acts negligently, the injured worker might have a valid claim against the employer. The injured worker can also sue third parties that contributed to causing or aggravating their injuries, such as other workers, managers, or contractors.
● Slip and Falls: Slip and fall accidents occur when someone trips and falls on a surface that wasn’t designed for walking or running. The surfaces that people trip over the most include stairs, floors, ramps, and sidewalks. The seriousness of these accidents can depend on various factors, including how steep the incline is, whether the fall happens at a busy intersection, and what surfaces may be obstructed by debris or other potential hazards. When you slip and fall on someone else’s property, they are liable for damages.
● Product Liability Injuries: Product liability refers to a manufacturer, distributor, retailer, or other party’s responsibility for producing a defective product and causing injury or harm due to that defect. A product can be considered defective if it was made with improper materials, doesn’t work as intended, or is incorrectly labeled. Companies are responsible for ensuring that they provide reasonably safe products for consumers. This can include creating warning labels, instructions, or manuals to help prevent injury from foreseeable uses of the product or ensuring that the manufacturing process doesn’t cause the product to be inherently dangerous before it reaches the consumer.
If you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, it is crucial to speak to an attorney as soon as possible to understand your rights and seek the compensation you deserve.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help You?
Our personal injury lawyers at Peterson Associates P.C. can help you in several ways.
First and foremost, they can provide you with legal advice and guidance as you file a personal injury claim. They will also represent you in court if your case goes to trial.
A personal injury lawyer can help you to secure compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, as well as pain and suffering. They will work to get you the maximum compensation possible in your case.
How Can I File a Personal Injury Claim?
If you’ve been injured in an accident that was caused through no fault of your own, you may be wondering how to file a personal injury claim.
You’ll need to speak with an attorney who can help you understand your rights and guide you through the process. The attorneys at Peterson & Associates P.C. specialize in helping victims of personal injury in Oakville understand their rights so they can seek the compensation they deserve.
We’ll work with you to gather evidence and build a case that proves the other driver was at fault. We’ll also help you negotiate a fair settlement or take the case to trial if necessary.
Don’t wait to speak with an attorney if you’ve been injured. Contact our Oakville personal injury lawyers to discuss your legal options now.
How Can I Prove Liability in an Accident?
Proving liability in an accident can be complex, but it’s not impossible. There are a few things you can do to help your case.
The first thing you need to do is collect as much evidence as possible at the accident scene. This includes taking photos and videos, gathering witness statements, and recording the details of the accident.
After gathering evidence, you should seek medical attention immediately following the accident. Not only is it important for your health, but it will also help document your injuries.
Finally, contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. They will be able to help you navigate the legal process and build a case against the at-fault party.
What are the Damages I Can Seek in a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
There are three types of damages that you can seek in an Oakville personal injury lawsuit. These include:
● Economic Damages: Economic damages are the costs of medical treatment, lost wages, and other expenses related to your injury. Monetary damages in a personal injury lawsuit differ from compensation for an injury’s pain and suffering. The amount of economic damage you can receive depends on the injuries you suffered and how badly they affected you. You can file for lost income, medical expenses, and lost earning capacity.
● Non-Economic Damages: Non-economic damages are a form of compensation that addresses the emotional and mental trauma resulting from an accident or injury. In some cases, these damages may be sought in addition to economic damages. However, there are limits to the amount of non-economic damages that may be awarded. Non-economic damages are awarded to compensate you for losses that are not easily quantifiable by a monetary value but can still significantly impact how you live your life. These may include physical pain and suffering, emotional distress, disability, disfigurement, loss of consortium, and loss of enjoyment of life.
● Punitive Damages: Punitive damages are meant to punish the defendant for their behavior and deter them from engaging in similar behavior in the future.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, our attorneys will work diligently to ensure you receive the maximum amount of compensation possible. We understand that dealing with the aftermath of an accident can be difficult, but our team is here to help you with every step.
What are the Benefits of Working With a Personal Injury Lawyer?
If you’ve been injured in an accident, you may be wondering if you need a personal injury lawyer.
Here are some of the benefits of hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer at Peterson & Associates P.C.:
● Our attorneys will help you understand your rights and the compensation you may be entitled to.
● They will handle all the paperwork and negotiations with the insurance company.
● Our experienced personal injury lawyers will get you the best possible settlement or verdict.
● Our attorneys have years of experience dealing with personal injury claims.
How to Choose the Right Personal Injury Lawyer
When it comes to choosing a personal injury lawyer, it’s important to find someone you can trust. You’ll be working closely with this person for an extended period of time, so it’s essential that you feel comfortable with them and their abilities.
Here are a few things to look at when choosing a personal injury lawyer:
● Experience: Ensure the lawyer you choose is experienced in personal injury law. If this is their area of expertise, they will be equipped to handle your case.
● Reputation: Do research and ask around. Find out what other people have thought of the lawyer’s work. Review the personal injury cases the lawyer has handled in the past and if they were successful.
● Availability: Can the lawyer devote enough time to your case? You don’t want them to be overstretched or too busy to handle your claim.
If you’re looking for a personal injury lawyer in Oakville, we recommend contacting Peterson & Associates P.C. for a free consultation. Our Oakville personal injury lawyers specialize in helping victims of personal injury get the compensation they deserve.
How to Get Started With Your Personal Injury Case
If you’ve been injured in an accident, it’s essential to know your rights and what steps to take next. Here are a few tips on how to get started with your personal injury case:
● Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer: The first step is to contact a personal injury lawyer who can help you understand your rights and guide you through the process.
● Gather Evidence: Collect evidence from the accident scene and take pictures of your injuries. This will help support your case.
● Keep a Record of Your Medical Expenses: Keep track of all of your medical expenses related to the accident, as you may be able to recoup some of these costs.
● Don’t Speak to the Other Party’s Insurance Company: It’s important not to speak to the other party’s insurance company until you have consulted with a lawyer, as they may try to take advantage of you.
● Follow Your Lawyer’s Instructions: Be sure to follow your lawyer’s instructions throughout the legal process to ensure the best outcome for your case.
Speak to a Personal Injury Lawyer Today
You may be entitled to compensation if you’ve been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault. Our personal injury lawyers at Peterson & Associates P.C. can help you get the money you deserve. We have years of experience dealing with insurance companies and know how to get you the best possible outcome. Contact our Oakville personal injury lawyers at (816) 298-8708 to discuss your case now.
What Our Clients Are Saying
We are proud to establish long standing relationships with our clients and we pride ourselves on offering quality, personalized, confident representation to all of our clients.
Team did a great job resolving my injury case- Daniel G.
They were instrumental in saving my life.- Kathy
I’m a witness to how wonderful they are as a law firm.- Larry
Peterson & Associates, P.C. heard me and made sure I was not taken advantage of.- Lee
I would definitely recommend Peterson & Associates- Leesa
They get the job done- Theresa
Choosing Our Team
Many people that have been injured in car accidents are unsure of where to start with a legal claim. Our team of highly trained lawyers can help to review the details of your crash and guide you through the process. Below, learn more about the attorneys at Peterson & Associates, P.C., their results, and contingency fees.