Truck Accident Statistics [Infographic]
Understanding the Prevalence of Truck Accidents
Trucks are a necessity. Without trucks and their operators, we would have difficulty getting the goods that we need to sustain many different aspects of our lives. However, a truck's large size and weight can pose severe and fatal injuries to those involved in a truck accident. Here are the numbers you need to know.
Truck Accidents By the Numbers
- Every year, 500,000 truck accidents occur in the U.S.
- The highest number of fatal crashes was recorded in 2005. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reported 5,231 truck and bus crash fatalities that year.
- Truck accidents increased 42% between 2009 and 2017.
- 68% of truck-related crash deaths happened in rural areas, on interstate roads, and on highways.
- 11% of roadside fatalities were related to truck accidents in 2017.
- Truck accident injuries increased 62% between 2009 and 2015.
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
Getting Help After a Truck Accident
From traumatic brain injuries to spinal cord injuries, truck accidents can cause some of the most severe injuries. If you or a loved one were involved in a truck crash and need help filing a truck accident claim, our team of experienced attorneys is here to ensure your rights are protected.
We are here to be your advocate in holding those responsible for your injuries accountable for their careless actions. When facing mounting bills for medical care, treatments, and therapies, the financial strains can be overwhelming for you and your family. Know that you are not alone, and you have the right to receive compensation.
Contact Peterson & Associates, P.C.today at (816) 298-8708 to speak with an attorney about your potential case.